Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WOLVERINE/Warrior Alba AIRBOX

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOLVERINE/Warrior Alba AIRBOX

Hey, I was looking at the Team alba superflow airbox for my Wolverine last year but I didn't have the cash to spend on it. I went to the website last week to purchase one and they don't have it. I e-mailed them and they told me it had been discontinued and was no longer available. I really wanted this bad and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how I could get one. I would be willing to buy a used one from anybody or if anybody knows of any other options that are available. Many people just put a hole in the top of their airbox but I do a lot of water riding and for that reason I don't want to lower the water level but I need to increase the air flow with the Megamax pipe and k&n filter in the mail for me. Does anybody know of any other warrior/wolverine airbox mods or kits on the market. the two quads are practically the same so if it's for a warrior let me know anyways.

Thanks a lot!

Old 10-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Motoforce airbox lid has vents in it for more flow, but your water riding would seem to rule that out. Someone told me that Mickey Dunlap makes some kind of modified snorkle, but I have not actually seen one. Anybody else?

Old 10-13-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

How deep do you go? if its not over the seat I would vent the lid all you can. My lid is shaped like an I with just a 3 inch section going across the middle and even it has holes in it. If you really need the snorkel cut it off before it tapers and stick a piece of fat pvc pipe in it, then use some silicone and a hose clamp. Isint going to help much but you could go deeper with a bit more flow. On a side note, going that deep in water, I would grease that sucker up real good after every ride.

Old 10-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

Were I work I have access to a machine shop, and I'm going to try and make some type of airbox kinda like team Alba's. If I cant make it I'm going to try an make a new lid that will bolt up to the stock air box and a new entry into the carb. I just need the time and when the bossman goes away so I can play around. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I'm going to try this week to do it. If it works I will gladly make more.

Old 10-14-2002, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are making your own,modeled after the alba box, I would change the filter mount,put it up higher,and angle it down into the box,make the run to the carb a lot straighter. If you can duplicate the lid,you won't need a front snorkel,as the alba box uses top holes and a baffle to stop dirt and water,with small side drains to let water and dirt fall out the sides before it gets to the filter chamber. If you come up with something,let me know, I would be very interested.

Old 10-14-2002, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hey that sounds real great. I should talk to alba and see if they would give me the plans to their airbox because they don't make it anymore and you could use them as a base for your dimentions. Either way keep me posted about making that box if you could make me one and it worked ok I would defnatly pay you good money for it.

Old 10-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

I'll try and make as fast as I can. I can only do so much @ a time. Do either of you know of the best way to join the carb and the box. I'm thinking of a rubber firnco that will make it straighter into the carb and will probably be the best way to seal it off. Any ideas will help alot!

Old 10-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

I'll have to take a look at the box and see what I can come up with this weekend. I am planning on getting the alba pipe setup I was wondering how you like yours. did you get the alba or the FMF megamax? and does the torque stuffer make a difference?

Old 10-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Range Rover

I got the Alba, and I like it alot. I couldnt really tell about the torque stuffer because I put it in all at once with the pipe and jet kit. It has alot more low end power and I got the new tires at the same time so it was kinda like getting a whole quad.

Old 10-25-2002, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slowride, I just bought an Alba airbox from Ebay. It should be here in a couple days. If you need to see it to take measurements or pictures, let me know. After all, you are not that far away from me.

Quick Reply: WOLVERINE/Warrior Alba AIRBOX