Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I just got a Raptor. Is it slow or is it just me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got a Raptor. Is it slow or is it just me.

Originally posted by: 87Banshee250sx
Nah TWO, dont listen to these fools [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. It isnt you, your raptor is slow. Get yourself a nicely modded shee, then u will see the light.

Just my opinion!

-Nick

Yea, listen to 87Banshee250sx, NOT.

LMAO, this is the guy who was talking trash about the Raptor being slow awhile back. I offered to meet him over Labor Day at Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan for some freindly racing to show him how slow my Raptor is and he couldn't come up with enough money to drive there. He lives in the same dam state as Silver Lake too! LMAO

Banshee's are very capable of being the baddest for drag racing, but I don't think your all that 87Banshee250sx (Nick). LOL

Old 10-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Nick I would be honored to race you with one of my "slow" rappys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wet grass + 660cc of adrenaline = no traction. Your used to a 4X4. Try it out when it is dry and I think your opinion will change dramatically.

Old 10-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

IMO the Raptor is pretty slow for a 660cc quad, I think I know what you are saying. Yes it is faster than a stock Shee and much more controlable the problem is the power is so linier that it does not have the rip your arms off hit a Banshee has but you are going faster.

Also you can add a ton of HP with a pipe filter and rejet, that tells me the stock quad is pretty corked up. Probaly to pass noise or emmisions or b/c the trany is not quit up to the full force of the motor.

I say slow for a 660 b/c a stock 440 quad (c-dale) is just as quick and the 400cc Z is not that far off, the raptor should make much more power than it does.

Old 10-13-2002, 10:54 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: velociraptor
Back to the topic, get rid of your twist throttle
Its a matter of time before that twist throttle gives you a twist when you don't want it unless your a pro rider in the real sense.

Quads=====thumb
Dirtbikes====Twist

Chet
VP knowsalot Facility

Old 10-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I was just telling my wife I was going to put the thumb throttle back on. I just can't get used to it (the twist). I'll put the twist throttle on ebay. As far as the power is concerned. When I had my 400ex it was piped and jetted and I could pull endless wheelies in any gear but 5th. It could have been the lighter front end. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gonna print out this thread and head out to the garage tomorrow night [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

You guys cant just joke around can ya? Raptor this, raptor that...

Old 10-13-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

What do you mean I can't joke around? I even said "slow" raptors.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 10-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, we can and love to joke, but on more then one occassion when you have bashed the Craptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you were more then serious. So don't talk smack if you can't afford the gas to back up your mouth. When your ready to see how your modded Shee fairs against a modded Rap, just let me know. I would be more then willing to hang out with you to ride, screw around and of course "pit" my Rap against your Shee at Silver Lake. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 02:23 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: swytak

Yes, we can and love to joke, but on more then one occassion when you have bashed the Craptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The one and only real Craptor PIC by the KNOWSALOT Facility

Chet
VP Knowsalot Facility

Quick Reply: I just got a Raptor. Is it slow or is it just me.