Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Learn from my mistake! Don't be an idiot!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learn from my mistake! Don't be an idiot!

Hello,
Have not been on the site for a while, it looks great.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for an axle on a Warrior. New ones from Yamaha are over $400. and I get an aftermarket one for $279.95 through JLatv. It says that they are 2 1/2 times stronger. Or I can look for a used one. Not really sure what to do.

Anyway the stupidity part. DONT DRINK AND QUAD.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]I know a lot of you do, and I am guilty of it, but it really is STUPID[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]It was my 30th B-Day last weekend (I should really no better) And we had a huge party at our house, well around 2:00 my husband and brother pulled out the quads. I said I wanted to go and he handed me the key(What was he thinking?)My girlfriend hopped on the back and I took off out into the field(we have 40 acres) Needless to say my husband is building a new fence and I hit one of the 6x6 posts with my back tire and it flipped my bike over, threw my girlfriend off and landed on me. We were lucky! She is fine, thank goodness, I have lots of bruises, (My whole left side is black) But my bike, my beautiful bike, I bent the back axle. So it sits in the garage, til she gets fixed and I get to miss the best time of year to ride! So if I save one person or quad by telling about my stupidity is it worth it?

Take Care and let me know if you have any suggestions about the axle! I don't do much jumping, and when I do it is on sand. Usually, I watch out for posts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Michele

Old 10-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Range Rover

do a search on the net , buy a used on from a parts dealer. usually they will gar-un-ty they are selling a straight axel for around $150 -thats with shipping included.
I would help with sites but forgot them- pick up a DW or some other mag , you may find ads for parts dealers.

Old 10-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer
Old 10-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

As far as your first question, go with the aftermarket axle, you'll pay less but get so much more. And as far as the other, well, some of us probably have stories of our own, but I can tell you from experience, it can happen. Raced bikes most my life, now into quads, but one night, Ten foot tall and bulletproof, took a ride on my pit bike, Honda Spree, and lost about 45 minutes of my life I'll never remember but I'll never forget (P.S., always wear a helmet). Welcome back and good luck!

Old 10-18-2002, 01:16 AM
RIP Dear Friend

WarriorPrincess/Michele,

That took a lot of guts to admit your mistake.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Michele said,
So if I save one person or quad by telling about my stupidity is it worth it?

You bet its worth it.

Chet
VP Knowsalot Facility

Old 10-18-2002, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Ive been on the trails with guys hauling coolers of Beer, ride a while ,stop chug a couple, shoot the Sh$t, ride a little , drink a few, Shoot it, Crank em , turn em off, drink a few, lie alot. ANyway, if I drink its usually some High Quality H2O. I will never drink more than 2 or 3 beers and ride. ANd those guys I was talking about dont were helmets, and they ride Rubicons.

Old 10-18-2002, 11:27 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I don't drink and drive and I don't drink and ride.

I have to set an example for my kids because I sure don't want them to do it.

Chet

Old 10-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Range Rover

An alternative to new is having the axle straightened. Dealer in our area does it for $20. Ones I've seen done have been perfect.

I don't drink and If I did I certianly wouldn't hop on my quad. Thats all I need is something to inhibit what little sense I do have when it comes to quad riding. I recenlty rode with a couple of guys that were drinking. One was on a brand new 650 Rincon. By the end of the day he had rolled it 3 times. Nobody hurt but its a darn miracle.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is I personally know that two fifths of Crown Royal and a built Tecate-3 don't mix. I was 19 and remember everything. Some guy at a party said there was no way my bike could pull the front tire at 70mph. Luckily it was cold out and I was wearing coveralls and jokingly, I put my helmet on. At about 50mph, the powerband was quicker than my reflexes and I ended up on my back. The last time I got drunk on whiskey and the last time I rode a bike after drinking.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

A fool makes the same mistake twice! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Learn from my mistake! Don't be an idiot!