Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine torque stuffer

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 04:30 PM
LMF
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolverine torque stuffer

I would like to get some info. from people who have a torque stuffer.
How hard is it to install?
How much does it cost?
Is it worth the money?
Where is the best place to get it?

Old 10-18-2002, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not that hard to install. Removal of the headpipe and a bit of internal grinding on said pipe are all that's needed.

Cost is around $30

Is it worth the money? It is a cheap way to help low end, and with its' gearing, the Wolverine certainly can use that. It has supposedly been dyno tested/proven to work by some reputable people.

Available from Team Alba, White Bros and some others. Check around for best price.

Old 05-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

how much more noticable performance is added by the torque stuffer??

Old 05-31-2003, 03:08 AM
Range Rover

You will notice the low end power. Its not like OH MY GOD theres such more power but you will notice it. All it does is increase back pressure.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

will it work on a stock pipe?

Old 06-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

yes it will work with the stock pipe. But if you want to know a cheap way to make more horsepower with the stock components just take the baffle out of the end of you stock muffler with the little screw on the end and then add the torque stuffer in the header and i guarantee you will feel more power. It will not be like putting an aftermarket pipe on it, but it wont be too far from it either. I rode mine like this for quite some time and no you will not hurt anything at all running it this way, it will just be louder, and not that loud. It will help that low end a bit and will make for faster acceleration.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

SpDdEmOn How much did it cost you overall for your FST manual clutch on your wolverine? and are you running in ful time 4x4 or do you have a warn 424?

Old 06-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

i might get one with the pipe i buy for my warrior. im looking at Alba pipe or T4 not sure yet.. but right now i pull the baffle out and i gain about 5-8 mph on the top end. so i recommend pullin the baffle out.. makes it a lil louder makes it sound better and gives u more speed. not sure waht it will do if u put the torque stuffer in with the baffel out?

Old 06-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Range Rover

Spdemon, how much did you gain from the FST kit? How much hotter does it run, alot more low end or more on top? How reliable is it like how long has it been done and have you had any problems? And what was the price tag?

Old 06-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Honda Rider, the manual clutch was $95, and I didnt have to pay tax because its being shipped from another state. I am running it in full time 4x4 mode.

slowride1, I am currently in the process of putting the FST kit in my machine. Mickey told me that it will double my horsepower, so you will be looking at closer to 40hp from stock being about 19hp. It will run hotter, but not a tremendous amount. The additional oil cooler i opted not to go with at the time because I was putting so much money in it at the moment. The additional cooler helps with the longevity of the engine, but i talked to Mickey about it and it will be ok to run it without it. The FST cooler is $115. Since mine isnt completely in yet i cant tell you how reliable its been for me, but I will say that a friend of mine in St. Louis has a 500 Wolverine that Mickey built which is about a 508 and he bought the crankshaft from Mike Pendland and after he raced it and he has had no problems at all with his machine. It all adds up to about $1500 with me building it myself.

Quick Reply: wolverine torque stuffer