Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before my Raptor.......

problems????

Old 10-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider

I used to ride a Blaster.......Hmmm.......2 stroke was fun.

But I got used to the 4 stroke power of my Rap.......Hmmmm.......torque!

Life before the Raptor......Hmmmm.....there was none.

Old 10-23-2002, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

i must agree with the 'sooouth afriiiikan'. i rode dirt bikes for 30 years atleast [yep an old fart] until my oldets boy who had a warrior and didnt interest me in the least bought a raptor. I rode it for about 5 minutes. i lost 20 years in age and that flame was reignited! Younger boy bought one right after he rode mine! we have a greatr time! i cant think of anything else that could have brought us closer.
and two of the are 01 with no tranny problems, and the kids [30 and 24] are pretty hard on theirs. [i tend to be as well] since i have way more experience. the only thing keeping me from passin them is the visual.....the dust in summer, the fogging and occasional mud in winter. if someone can solve that.......well the old fart could show off for a little ways anyway......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
for hills on a Raptor, just point and shoot, you MAY have to shift, kinda like riding and early seventies Maico. They only had three speeds cuz that's all ya needed.
but boy do we have fun!
WHAT PROBLEMS? the biggest thing i hate is changing the oil, with all the mess and skid plates,etc. But all 3 of ours have run perfectly! we are sticklers on maintenance.
and have had a great time so far!
WE are on the high and dry side of Oregon {the east side} if youre heading this way let us know... peole come from all over the owrld to crwal around here... they train astronauts 20 miles from here! and skiers are traing nearly as far away!!! hehe have fun!

Old 10-23-2002, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

i must agree with the 'sooouth afriiiikan'.
Excuse me 'SIR' are you taking the **** out of me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS. for the americans that dont understand that english expression, replace the word "****" with "mickey"

Old 10-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

i had a lt125. dont laugh it was basically free. i havent had one problem with my raptor yet and have had it for almost a year

Old 10-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Love the Raptor. Get an exhaust kit. It's too easy to get another 10-15hp without further modification. Love the torque, and reverse. While I haven't had any problems with mine, I would get an '02 or newer, just for the improvements in the transmission.

I had a 400EX, LT250R, Scrambler 4x4 400, Xplorer 400, and a 00 YZ426. I am hooked on the dirtbikes. The power to weight ratio, and the incredible suspension make them a total rush to ride. But in Toronto, the riding season is coming to an end, and quad season is just starting. I was out last weekend on the Raptor, and the only bike in front of me was a highly modded Banshee. Even had a Yosh exhaust z400 with us, and he couldn't keep up to my Rap.

RM

Old 10-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Things I do to it? What is that supposed to mean? I don't abuse it. I'm just saying, nothing actually "breaks", but the Rappy is a high-maintenence quad. It's always leaking oil, carbs blow off the boots, chain is never tight, jetting is a pain, etc.

Old 10-23-2002, 07:31 PM
Range Rover

yamaha yz 80

Old 10-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Carb boots blow off? Ive never had that problem..Justin hasnt..the only person we ride with that has had that problem is Mark. That was one time a long time ago. Chain loosening? We've never had that problem either. Leaking oil? Come on now..you honestly believe the reason your valve cover was blowing oil wasnt your fault?! Id also call riding the quad even though it was billowing smoke...abuse. And riding around for 1 minute...let alone DRAG RACING after you JUST put the cam in isnt the proper way to break in a cam..abuse. Im not trying to be a dick...but don't try to pawn off your bikes problems on the bike itself. Raptors are great quads...they don't deserve a bad name.

Old 10-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

well i had a polaris 250 trail blazer i liked it and all but after a while got to slow went to the Banshee i havent touched the polaris since u do the math.

Quick Reply: Before my Raptor.......