Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Blaster performance parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 02:14 AM
FMF
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Blaster performance parts

I have the Degree key in my Banshe and I do not have any Porting and I did feel a big difference in my low end.
But I also have alot of mods to my Banshee.

Old 10-24-2002, 07:06 AM
Trailblazer

I will be testing the Vitos Degree Key later today or on Saturday. It is going on my Wpp Stage2 Blaster.
Being a Vitos Dealer I asked him for the straight answer on it and was told you will feel a increase in power from 3rd gear on . Better mid range.
Here is what I have on my Blaster . FMF Fatty Pipe, FMF Power Core 2 silencer, WppRacing Jet Kit, K&N Filter with Outerwear cover, Air Box opened, Boysen Dual Stage Reeds, Extended Swing Arm, Bandit XC Rear Tires.
These are listed on my site. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Range Rover

my wife has an 00 blaster and she loves it alot. I had heard that there is a liquid cooled head kit for the blasters. I think trinity sells them for around 500 which isnt to bad concidering the longevity you would get out of the motor running cooler. Hers is still stock so Im looking forward to upgrading soon. Probably gonna go with the trinity pipe kit and some airbox mods as well. Just gotta get rid of that damn oil injection first.

later

Old 10-24-2002, 12:50 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

Before I had my Banshee I had a Blaster and it had the liquid Cooled head kit and it did work good.

Old 10-24-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

sounds gr8 guys thnx for the help if anyone else would like to give there opinion feel free [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] first things first though i gotta get the blaster running... hey would not using torgue wrenches to put the top of the engine back on after chaning a piston make it run for 10 min. and then completly die?? if so then what kinda damage did i do?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] thnx

Old 10-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

fmf, do you remember who you got that liquid cooled head from?? and how much it cost. do you feel having the motor running cooler helped performance on it or was it a waste of money??

Thanks

Old 10-24-2002, 12:57 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

No that would not do any thing. what I would do is pull it back apart and make sure everything is where it need to be on the Piston and make sure you did not put the Piston in backwards.

Old 10-24-2002, 01:07 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

I think I got it from CT Racing for $499.95 and yes it was worth the Money and it did help my Blaster out alot.
Here is the mod I had on my Blaster
FMF Fatty Pipes
FMF Power Core 2
Bored 20 over
Ported
Boyesen reed
Reed Spacer
K&N Air Filter
liquid Cooled head

Old 10-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

is that liquid cooled a good idea?? doe sit help performance or juss longetivity.. so you dont htink i messed anything up by jsut going by hand with a wrench when i put the top back on? well thats cool... i dont think we put it in backwards though.. o and also is tehre a way to see what my jets are at? because i know im running to rich but i bougt this used and the guy never told me and i wanna make them smaller.. wait maybe ill juss take off my lid and see if that evens it out.. but still is there a way to check?

Old 10-24-2002, 01:34 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

You have to pull off the bottom of the Carb and take out the jet.
And yes the liquid Cooled kit is a good idea. And yes it did help the Performance of my Blaster.
And I was allways having problems with the breaks on it Sticking.

Quick Reply: Best Blaster performance parts