Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Big guy riding a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big guy riding a blaster

I'm going to get a blaster soon because I'm tired of my Suzuki lt230 and can't afford a Banshee right now. I wiegh 230lbs. I have rode my freinds blaster alot, I can live with the performance. My only concern is wear on the bike. My freind is 200-210lbs and has gone through 2 pistons and bored over once in two years. I can live with that too.

Anybody else over 200lbs ride a blaster?

Old 10-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

If your buying used you can probably find a warrior for about the same price, or maybe an Lt250r. 300ex is usually a little high. A lot of times you can find a warrior for cheap because the owner thinks its about to putter away and die. Mine sounded like it had a rod knocking, so I got it really cheap. Thing is, warriors are kinda like the energizer bunny that complains. They act like they are breaking and going to break.. but most of the time they are lieing because they are lazy. I weigh about the same as you and blaster feels alright, im just scared im going to break it. The engine wouldnt really be the thing you would be overworking, it would be the frame and shocks I guess. Take a look at all the big fat guys running around on 80cc dirt bikes..... the engine runs fine but the bike dosent get much taller when he gets off it anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2002, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen a few warriors in my price range but I'm looking for a 2 stroke now. definitely wouldn't mind a lt250r but haven't seen one yet in Florida for under 4000$. There are several 99-01 blasters within driving distance of me for less than 2000$ probably gonna buy one next week while on vacation.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2002, 09:15 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

Well I had a Blaster and I was about 220 and I had to do some Mods to it and then it still was not to good a Guy of my Size to ride I rode it about 1 Month with the Mods and Then I had to go to the Banshee.

Old 10-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, who needs something brand new? I got my banshee for 1700 bucks, and it is so fast and runs awesome. it has tons of mods, ported, piped, carbs, bored, reeds and the list goes on and on. I got it from a veteran ice national ice racin champ. Just look for something used and fairly new. Im sure u could find one for less than 4g's easy. Have fun man!

-nick

Old 10-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Jakal LMFAO true true ive seen it!!!

Old 10-29-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Here In Fl. I haven't seen any Banshees for under 3000 that were in even decent condition and no late models for under 4500$. Can't go over 2000$ and don't wan't something more than 5 years old max. I would consider a warrior if it was the right deal, but it would have to be real low hours and taken care of. I'm tired of working on my 4 stroke it's a real pain in the a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

I said the same thing but it was a 98 and 1400 dollars... just take a lookey in the thrifty nickel or whatever and do a search on their web page, make sure it goes to the surrounding states too or u wont get much.

Old 10-30-2002, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider

ya you might be a bit cramped a cheap used 400ex would have a little more room but the blaster would be the cheapest way to go

Old 10-30-2002, 05:46 AM
Pro Rider

You might want to try Cycletrader.com, go there and do a search for a quad........you can do a search based on price range, year, and region. I think you would be happier on a warrior in the long run, dont get me wrong you would have fun on the Blaster, but you would push the chasis and suspension to its limit pretty quick with your size. Just be patient and take your time looking, you will find the quad best for you.

Dirthead

Quick Reply: Big guy riding a blaster