Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster and Banshee qeustion

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster and Banshee qeustion

how difficult would it be to put a banshee engine into a blaster chassis? or is that just totally out of the qeustion cant happen? cuz i think that owuld make a good project for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2002, 11:55 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

It might work you mite have to chance the Mounts on it and do some Cutting and Welding

Old 11-01-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

ya well i figured i would have to possible cut and weld some stuff.. and it was a definate on moving the mounts.. juss wondering if it would be like having to do mass murder on my frame to make that thing fit. cuz i think that would be pretty sweet... all roll up and everone thinks im in a lil slow blaster... and then BOOOOOm im gone and there liek WHAT?!?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ahhh yes that woudl be gr8 coudl you imagine there faces! weell im gonna make another thead hopefully more ppl will answer to it thnx fmf

Old 11-01-2002, 11:30 AM
FMF
Pro Rider

Yes that would be something.
I Now a Kid that put a YZ250 engine in a Blaster.

Old 11-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Without extending the swingarm significantly and doing some widening on the Blaster you would have a package with too much power for the short & narrow Blaster. Not to mention the other sub-par compinents on Blaster. It's a bad idea.

Old 11-01-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

It would take way to much modding. You would need a radiator, the banshee engine is considerable wider, etc. Now, I started a blaster conversion project and never finished. It was going to have a YZ490 in it. The bottom end is exactly the same size and would take minimal mount modification. The only thing that distiquised it from a blaster is the HUGE top end. I told many blaster owners that it was a blaster engine, and they believed it. It will definetly smoke the banshee engine. The sprocket would line up without many problems. It would have been awesome. I postponed it due to the fact that it wouldn't have been rideable.

Old 11-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Alcy you should finish it and just get like a +4 swing arm, and wheel spacers all around. That wouldnt cost too much and then if you dont like it you could sell it. Option two would be to get huge swing arm and make it your drag race only bike so you could keep your other bike rideable while having a monster hid in the garage for challenges and side bets.

Old 11-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

i like that 490 and 250 idea.. which one htough... hey alki how did you make it fit? does it fit alright in there? what about that guy on the 250? what did he do? does that run pretty fast?

Old 11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Jackal, check out my sig. I have a rideable banshee and a drag monster in the makes (its engine is slightly larger than 490[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]).

Banshee2fast, the 490 will fit perfectly. You will only have to make the front motor mounts. Mine is actually a 82 YZ465 with a ported 83 YZ490 top end. The 465 has a 5 speed vs the 490's 4 speed. Best of both worlds. I am thinking it would take more than a 4" swingarm to control that 490. I ended up putting my engine back in the bike. It will easily wheelie at 70+mph. I have a 83 YZ250 frame for parts, no motor. The frame, mounts, ect is the same as the 490's so the engine must also be the same. One of these engines would also be awesome in the blaster frame. I just would refrain from liquid cooling due to the need of radiators and other things you won't have room for.

Old 11-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

I woodnt do it even if you got the engine in the power would eventually kill the frame,talk bout a lot of money and work too!

Quick Reply: Blaster and Banshee qeustion