Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Key switch for a 02 Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key switch for a 02 Raptor

Well, The other day I headed to California to go do some ridding. I loaded the trailer and left the keys to the trailer and my quad on my bumper and drove to California (700 miles). Needless to say I lost my key to my quad. I wanted to ride so I broke the key switch on my bike and rode all weekend.

So I was wondering if anyone here has takin theres off there bike and is willing to sell it to me. I would like to replace it so I have a keyed switch again. I leave my bike at friends houses once in awhile and dont want anyone ridding it.. Thanks for your help... Contact me at JAYS98DODGE@aol.com...

Old 11-10-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Just saying, why did u have to break the switch, if its like a shee,warrior,or blaster, its only 4 wires i myself dont see how they are very theft deterent, if my neighbor parked his shee in his yard for say, with a phillips screwdriver, and a small alligator clip or a small wire with open plug ends it would be gone in under a 1 min flat. I cant stand people who steal quads but why make them so easy to steal but if u woulda took a little more time i bet u coulda found a way around breaking it.

EsHe

Old 11-10-2002, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well,

My switch only has 2 wires coming out of it. So this tells me to just by-pass the switch and everything should work. I did that and nothing happened. I went to the local Yamaha dealer and asked what I could or should do. They told me to do what I did if I had no time to order a key. Why would I order a key when I was just there for the weekend and I would be home in 2 days and the spare key was at home? The reason I could not just (short) the 2 wires together is that inside the switch there is a resister of some sort that would not allow my bike to turn on. I spent the whole day trying to find away around breaking the switch trust me.. I just was wondering if anyone in here has taken there's of there raptor and wanted to sell. I will order one from the dealer other wise... Thanks again....

Old 11-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

good to see that they are at least making an effort to make them harder to steal, on my snowmobile all you have to do is unplug the ignition switch and it will start right up!