Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Races as I saw them.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Races as I saw them.

DollarBillz, thanks for the Honesty. DSmike, you could be right there was too many people taking pins I guess. I'm sorry about the Dyno Runs I thought it was free and again I was mistaken. I paid 85 buck for mine on the 2001 I used to have. i think all Dynos read different. Well thanks guys for clearing this up. You guys are invited anytime to come up here and hang out. I got room at my house and you won't need nuthin but gas money.
You can eat my food and Drink my Beer. Thanks Again for Comin all this way.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

DollarBillz and Dsmike your posts are correct. Thank you.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

well i have never raced on sand and me and charles run side by side and he was real close to steve at atoka when i was there but i will say and so has everone there has posted dsmike won the race i have no problem with the bombs and steve and mike are very good people now if you are saying that no raptor can run with dsmike you are wrong ask dsmike if in a straight race i will be closer than 10 bikes if i dont flip

Old 11-17-2002, 11:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Again, i ran Jay 3 times and won all three. Not close enough to warrant a rematch. That is the only runs that i made against Jays machine. The only other quad i ran was DSmike and a yoshi raptor. Different riders were on mark robertsons quad not Jay quad. I did not beat Robertson personal quad. Mark Robertson told me his quad 727 dynoed 5 more hp than mine.. It would have been nice to dyno before the races like they did. We could not hook up the night before because they were working at Robertson shop and did not want us there. I unloaded off the trailer and made 2 passes and went looking for Jay and the tuned machine. After 3 wins in a row what was left to prove. Jay was the only person that i went to race. We all went up to run the tuned machine as Jay has been saying for months that it is unbeatable and made 89hp. I accomplished what i went to do except Zombies quad was not present.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll give him credit thats for sure. By the way it sounds he was raelly fast, above the rest.

DSMike- talking about the Dyno, you said that you couldn't have beat him that bad with your dyno compared to his. Now I have seen the pictures and seen you on the DS. How much do you weigh compared to the rest of the guys, you look tiny on that thing. Is it an optical illussion or what? Anyway I thought that might have something to do with it. IMHO

Old 11-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Biggerisbetter- You are right the conditions were wrong for DSMIke to shine. Dollarbillz is not afraid to hit the button. It would have been fun watching those 2 go three rounds.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Biggerisbetter, is this not credit to DSMike?

Quote from 14mins in Bomb thread:

I can watch him race for hours. I do claim one ity bity victory that does not count in the big picture. He had paddles and was using me to gage his speed. Once i won he knew a tire change was in order. After the tire change all was good. He put all the quads down. In quite a few of the races he would chop the throtle and coast to the finish line for the victory. My clutch was shot after about 7 rounds( That was the last problem i would have thought i would have) so i was just a observer. They did a close pin thing . the one with the close pins at the end was the king of the strip. In the end it came down to TEXAS vs. OKLAHOMA. Texas (dollarbillz) had that look in his eyes. You could see Dollarbillz had the throtle pinned and finger on the nos. The flag went up and so did Dollarbillz. Dsmike cruised to the victory. Dollar broke the NOS line and his day was over. I would have like to seen them run 3 rounds. Great job Ronnie and Steve.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

i weigh about 165. my bike weighs more than a raptor to. my bike wasn't lowerd like everyone elses.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ronnie , I am not saying that you cannot run right with Steve(hell I have seen your quad run), but what would you think DSmike's quad could do with a 30shot of NOS????. Thats my point.

As it sets now, your Biult686 on NOS and Robertsons biult 727 was "hanging" with DSmikes built 650 on alky. right?

Like I said, I know everyone was having a good time and everyone gets along. I am not trying to start ****(honest). But instead want Mike and Steve to get credit for winning despite, NOS, or BIG BORE!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I forgot about the DS's weight.

Like I said, I know everyone was having a good time and everyone gets along. I am not trying to start ****(honest). But instead want Mike and Steve to get credit for winning despite, NOS, or BIG BORE!
I agree Bigger. Is anybody not giving him credit?

Quick Reply: The Races as I saw them.