Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor pipes?

One more for Graydon.

Old 11-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor pipes?

Get LRD...... They are good pipes....

But everybody have their opinions what they like and so on..... Just buy what you think it the best pipe that will do for your bike..... good luck....

Old 11-23-2002, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor pipes?

''''''TRINITY''''''

Old 11-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor pipes?

I have the Yoshi, and love it! Awesome sound, power, good quality, easy to install, and fits good.

If I was going to buy a new pipe (besides the Yoshimura) it would have to be the MBRP power tech-4. Talk to RaptorRRC, or 14mins, and ask them for a picture of one. They have them, and they look sweet! all chromed, and they are cheap. Awesome sound, too.

I don't like CT, or graydon. Read other posts, too many complaints. Trinity and Sparks sounds good, too.

Old 11-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor pipes?

ya talk about here we go again i think ever 2 weeks we have this same debate
xbox yoshi seems to be the favourite and ct comes in at a close second
search there i more info then you'll ever need in past posts

Old 11-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default raptor pipes?

my LRD works
so did my T4....so do all of them
all are within a few hp of each other.

if you can tell teh difference with the "seat of the pants" guage then you should be a registered dyno [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

until you start doing big bores, strokers, FI, or something like that does a header mean that much on a 4 stroke... it just opens up the flow. without a lumpier cam it cant suck in any more air really....

to each their own

Old 12-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default raptor pipes?

i have a withe brother e series on my raptor just the muffler...i was wondering if i could put a headpipe on it with the white bros muffler...and which kinds do i have to chose from .....if i even can put a headpipe on

Old 12-08-2002, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor pipes?

I am ANOTHER who is NOT bent out of shape by a legitimate question.
some people belong on atv nation, where they can whatever together.

SORRY XBOX, I GOT A LITTLE OFF LEVEL THERE, but to answer your question, hehe, I spent my money on advice from others on the fmf pc4sa slip on, as at the time, most aftermarket head pipes were both expensive, and exactly the same diameter as the factory header pipe. a little jetting [ watch altitude] and a little airbox mod here and there and you have a screamer.! very simple really. i went slow on the front sprocket by one cuz i went to holeshot xcts, 23"frt, 22" rears. massive traction. the combo has worked out very well. will easily take a stocker with no internal engine mods which is what i was trying to avoid.
AS far as performance, we have 3 raps, a bone stocker, my FMF, and Mike's YOSHI full setup.
in repeated scientific testing in a cinder pit, with an official female starter, the stocker got smoked every time, and the lead swapped evenly between my fmf slip-on and the yoshi full setup, with identical jets, identical tires and wheels, but i was carrying about 10 lbs more budweiser muscle than Mike was.
So much for testing, eh?
i would like to have a yoshi, but the results we've tabulated in our scientific testing do not justify the expense.
there are ppl who know much more about this than i do, but i am relating what i saw with my eyes and my wallet. One caveat: we are at 4000feet altitude, which makes a jetting diif, but thats a different debate, now isnt it? hehe hope this muddled your choice even further...its what happened to me. see yas
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

and you can PM me anytime on any subject, you'll get what i know without the bow or whipped cream. ok?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2002, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default raptor pipes?

Hey!!!
I got a 2003 Limited Raptor. I just bought a Yoshimura Comp Full system exhaust, with a Pro design filter. I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I don't know what jets to throw in both carbs, the needle, and the air/fuel mix screw. Should I remove the snorkle and drill holes in the airbox. If somebody could help me out that would be great. Thanks!!!!

Old 12-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default raptor pipes?

Quick Reply: raptor pipes?