Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor wiring help

i was riding at the track today and got tossed off my bike while it kept going. it got stopped by a piece of metal wiring from an old fence. it cut through the front brake line and into a couple of wires for my reverse light, neutral light, temp. light, and through the wires that connect to keys ignition. i cut and spliced the wires that looked like they went all the way through some of the copper wiring (left the ones that were just smashed). it seems like the ignition should come on but it doesnt. can the wire harness for the neutral light, temp light, and reverse light keep the ignition from turning on (like if one of the wires is broken on the inside)? PLEASE HELP!? any advice is appreciated.

Old 11-24-2002, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

do you have power to your ignition?

If not perhaps you should check your fuses next to the battery.
Bare wire touching the steering stem or any other metal part could have blown the fuse.

New Raptor bites the dust kind of like getting kicked in the chest,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [painfull]

Old 11-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

i was thinking about the fuses myself, but didnt actually check them yet. i definitely will though. any more suggestions from anyone would be great. i think the fuse could be it but cant check till my Advil kicks in!! bashed myself pretty good, maybe a broken rib, possible fractured collar bone, a very vey sore hip, and one hell of a headache...all this and all i can think of is my poor non-running machine. Please any suggestions might help...thanks

Old 11-24-2002, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

thanks RSO...it was the fuse. must of gotten blown when the metal wire cut through and touched the ignition wire. i appreciate the help. thanks

Old 11-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Your welcome. And thats what this site is for having fun and helping others.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

hey denver what track did u crash at??? glad too hear u got that fixed...

u ever head up to the walden dunes up north??? always cool to see another forum rides in CO...
peace

Old 11-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

Disturbed660, it was at the lakewood track at 470 and i-70. its been getting prgressively worse...needs alittle grooming. its good see to another rider from the area for me as well on the forum. dont see many people from CO on here. ive been trying to get information on all the MX tracks and other good riding (especially the dunes) around here. whats "USR" ? a local club or something? it would be sweet to hook up with peolpe that ride and that know about these machines...save me some $$$ from the dealer. give a shout and well see whats up... late

Old 11-26-2002, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

Denver660R,

Where was the tether kill switch? That's the first bit of wiring you should do! Then use it, I learned the hard way, hoped on my buddy's raptor to compare to mine, didn't attach the tether, twist throttle got me squirrrely and had to replace rear plastics, an X-33, a ITP T-9 beadlock, and my pride.

Get that tether my man. Get healed too.

Old 11-26-2002, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

lakewood track at 470 and i-70....i haven't been there..i only ride MX at the erie track( IMI ) and the VDR on i-25...i think Trout ( cdale guy) rides at that track... There in DSjockey w/ a full race pami 760ds...i think there r a few more people from CO on here too..and Wyoduner is up in wyo...

the sand dunes up north..Walden is always a blast..its small but FUN!! the summer holidays the place gets pretty packed, lots of good racing and fun to watch drunkin fools break stuff...u will have to meet some of us up there next year!

the USR ..ultimate speed racing...its a club for people around the west..and for a big race in glamis on MLK weekend called four stroke wars..FSW...
sound like something u wanna be a part of...we all always lookin for new people...???

peace..

Old 11-26-2002, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the invite. it would be awsome to be apart of the club. im new to quads (especially to mx and agressive riding...ive ridden freinds quads but never owned my own) , having just changed over from street bikes. im always looking for people that ride and that are more experienced than me. just let me know what i have to do to become a member. I'll come up to the Erie track and check it out. my girl always comes with and rides around on her 250ex...is it a super cross track only or is there more than one track. I heard about some place that has a super track and a couple others, including an actual quad track. let me know whats up. late

Quick Reply: raptor wiring help