Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Got in a little squabble over in Hondaland....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002 | 05:59 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Got in a little squabble over in Hondaland....

Rancher ES tranny

I don't think much of Honda's attempts at automatic transmissions, and I said so. But the Honda faithful are pretty relentless, like a bunch of Hari Krishnas. Check it out, back me up if you dare.

Old 12-03-2002 | 06:17 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Hey fourlix,

What are you doing?

Everything is pretty calm over here in Yamaha land right now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

LOL

Chet

Old 12-03-2002 | 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

There Trying to be diffrent wouldnt be a problem if their autos were actually better!

Old 12-03-2002 | 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

fourlix,
I thought it was informative, as I did'nt know that there was a problem.
I kind of get the same thing at times when someone tells me how good their v twin street bike is
and my v star 650 AND royal star v 4 1300 are poorly rated.. (I ride them, & I laid awake a long time thinking about them, I paid the bills, & I'm still happy with them..)
It took a LOT for me not to buy a yammy quad..trust me I was pretty brand loyal..even like yammy electronics..
quality stuff no doubt..
but since I bought a 650 street bike in '99
and a v4 1300 (that yammy no longer makes) in 2000
I was not going to pay more for the griz than the p650 from the man that had 20K of my bucks spent in his shop.
biggest factor was knowing a team green member
for a long time..I trust his advice..I probally could have gone either way,
but I needed more room on the seat for equipment.
but just becuase I LIKE Yammy, does not mean that I won't look at other brands
& compare bang for the buck, but I'll usually start with yammy..
I agree that now you have started your own thread, it will be a bit more open minded..

Old 12-03-2002 | 06:35 PM
|
Pro Rider

Okay, so I got bored,
.....I went over to Hondaland and a guy is having trouble with his new Rancher ES. So I spouted off about how the Foreman ES tranny sucks and here it is in the Rancher and guess what, it still sucks. And I basically never could understand why shifting with your thumb is so much better than shifting with your toe, especially when the ES is plagued with problems and the plain S models are just fine.
..... A buddy of mine has a Foreman ES and has had incredible pain in the butt problems with his, and he has lots of company.
.......So they jump all over my sh!+, for attacking the Holy name of Honda, and, I, Never one to turn the other cheek, get into it with a couple of them. This has been going on for a couple of days now, with little end in sight..
....It's a no-win situation, I'm outnumbered 20,000 to one. . At least I'm not bored anymore. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2002 | 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats a big old can of worms you opened up, I haven't been fishing in a while.

Old 12-03-2002 | 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Cheese and rice fourlix. If I opened that that same can of worms in the Polaris forum about how belts suck, there would be a lot of Polaris people whining...

As for your comment on the Hondamatic transmission needing to be sent to CA because it's not serviceable, BIG whoopee. I have 2 Rubicon's with a combined mileage of 7500. 1 has 5250 and the other almost 2000 and not a problem either. Still smooth as silk. To date I have only heard of one person ever needing to have the actual unit replace.

Now I dare you to show me a belt drive quad of any make that comes any where near 5000 miles with out a single service. Isn't goin to happen buddy.

Oh, I almost for got to mention My 76 Honda CB750 with a Hondamatic. 12,500 miles and no problems either.

I too call'em like I see'em. Honda's way is not wrong, it's innovative. And certainly far more reliable that any belt type tranny regardless of any problem you may have read about in HondaLand. Kripes, Just look at the load of problems Polaris people have.

Old 12-03-2002 | 08:17 PM
Range Rover

i know its a no-win situation FOURLIX but im fightin for ya over there. lol

Old 12-03-2002 | 08:33 PM
Range Rover

Shoot, what about the Rincon's automatic? ATV Television said it sucks (in not so many words) because it's poorly geared and is always hunting for the right gear. It also has no compression braking to speak of, so you're screwed when it comes to hills. Oh and of course no low gear.

Meanwhile, I'm VERY happy with the auto in my Grizzly.

Rob

Old 12-03-2002 | 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Snafblat,
You're missing the point!! It's a HONDA! So what if it doesn't have engine breaking, or proper ratios. Who cares if it's always searching for the right gear, it's innovative! So, I will pay MORE to have it! Anyone can throw out a couple of examples of a quad that hasn't had any problems. Let's talk to the people that DID have a Rubicon and Rincon tranny fail and see what they say! Oh, it's happened and it'll happen again, question is, to who? Whole other ball game then.

Quick Reply: Got in a little squabble over in Hondaland....