Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Use your Raptor in the snow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use your Raptor in the snow?

I just rode for about 5 hours today in the snow....I just had the most fun I have had in my life. This is why I got it....for the snow
ripping it, grabbin clutch in and turning and yankin on some throttle and lettin out the clutch and donut galore. my clutch is a little worse for wear but I had a blast. I understand a lot of you guys only ride in places with sand so your quads look like they are brand new...well my 03 is lookin like a 85 right now and I love it

I cant wait to go back out tomrorow and do it again

oh and I did this while I Was at work. ahhhh the perks of working at a dealership [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I just got home of riding my Raptor in the snow. What a blast. I took it out to see if my tranny was going out. It did fine.

We rode and froze our a$$ off. Huge blast. We went and got a car hood for next time. Can't wait to roost the person on the sled....

Old 12-05-2002, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Some of the funnest riding I've ever done has been in the winter. Perfect conditions are when it is warm one day, and then it freezes overnight so in the morning the snow has a nice ice layer on top. That way you can ride all over the place and everything is smoothed over like the dunes--but hard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] fun fun...

Old 12-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

and I was amazed yet again that I did not get stuck

some of the most fun is gettin goin into 3rd the cuttin the bars, pullin in the clutch and lockin up the front and rear tires on the slippery stuff and just spin spin spin spin....

I smashed into the dumpster 2 times at work doin that

Old 12-06-2002, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ya'll sure do make that freezing cold sound fun. I don't think I could take it any more. It got down to a frigid 37 today and I could barley walk 200' to the mail box all bundled up.

Old 12-06-2002, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

it was snowing nice and like 27 and I had on a skully, goggles, oneal light gloves, oneal apocalypse pants, mechanix boots and a long sleeve yamaha T shirt and was sweating when I Got off...

I never get cold around here. I end up shoveling snow in my shorts

its not be trying to be a tough guy...I reallly just dont get cold or feel it...

Old 12-06-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

It got down to a frigid 37 today and I could barley walk 200' to the mail box all bundled up.
37!?!?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] That's shorts weather!!!

Old 12-06-2002, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AlaskaYFM
It got down to a frigid 37 today and I could barley walk 200' to the mail box all bundled up.
37!?!?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] That's shorts weather!!!
hell yeah bro...and Im from Jersey where it was 70 a few weeks ago... I hate the hot...love the cold....

Old 12-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You do know when I said 37 that is the low at like 4 in the am. It got up to 50 I think. I used to be able to handle the cold, not any more though.

Old 12-06-2002, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer

tell ya what....nothin like riding a quad....NAKED...in the snow... its soooo relaxing

wait .... did I just say that...dammnit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Use your Raptor in the snow?