Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WARRIOR PROBS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARRIOR PROBS

I took my Warrior out yesterday I couldn't get any power out of it and it was popping really really bad. I changed out the plug and put in a new filter. The option that I was told was maybe the spark plug wire could be grounding or the timing could be off.

Any suggestions?

Old 12-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Default WARRIOR PROBS

When you pull the clutch in does the problem go away ? If so it is most likely the microswitches in the clutch perch. One switch is for the reverse limiter and the other one is so you have to pull the clutch in to start. Take some Wd-40 and and clean the switches out. You can also remove them which is the best thing you can do. They can really ruin your day if you have no wd40 with you. Try this and see if it helps.

Old 12-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WARRIOR PROBS

Thanks I will try that and let you know if it worked

Old 12-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WARRIOR PROBS

How hard is it to reset the timing because I was told that could also be the problem

Old 12-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default WARRIOR PROBS

Your timing is not off unless you hit a truck at 40mph and stopped the motor dead in a heartbeat. its all electrical with nothing to adjust.

Lucey is right. Push the parking brake lever into the purch and see if that helps.

Old 12-09-2002, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default WARRIOR PROBS

Look at your plug and see if its turning white or black real fast, the problem could be your being extremely lean or rich IE: a jet fell out or got clogged up. Another problem it could be is the intake loose or other stuff loose.

Old 12-10-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default WARRIOR PROBS

I had a popping problem with my Warrior and it was from a small piece of trash in one of the carb air tubes. Give your carb a good cleaning and blow it out with some compressed air,.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WARRIOR PROBS

I looked at the perch and there are no circuits on the perch because it is a normal perch, there is no box for circuits. Where to try next is to change out the spark plug wire because yesterday when I took it off the head came off.
COULD THAT BE IT?

Old 12-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WARRIOR PROBS

I don't have a parking brake anymore because when I bought it it was modified and the guy took it off before he sold it.
The clutch perch doesn't have anything electrical attached to it, all it is a straight cable

Old 12-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default WARRIOR PROBS

no, sparkplugs do that crap all the time. It pretty much has to tbe the carb or maybe a worn out cam chain. Take off your cam chain cover then take off your fly wheel window and then get the motor on the compression stroke to see how much the marks are off. Mine was off like 1/4 inch and it still ran fine. If thats not off by a good bit then tak the float bowl of the carb and spray cab and choke cleaner through ever little hole you see.

Quick Reply: WARRIOR PROBS