Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor exhaust: sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 05:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor exhaust: sound

Raptor03- YES the mbrp is a better pipe. If the 2 were dynoed side by side on the same quad one after the other i am sure the mbrp will win the hp battle. You get your choice of headpipes. Regular or supersize. I like the trinity pipe but the question was what pipe is the better performance. These mbrp pipes are quality. If you were to pile up 10 different pipes and ask a women which pipe looks to be the best built she would pick the mbrp. If you ask a group of women which pipe cost the most, they would pick the mbrp. Side by side the mbrp stands out as quailty. $458.91 to your door. I bought one today. I have been using 1 of raptorrc's for a few months now. I sold my Mr. Bills on ebay today. Raptor03 join the mbrp club.

Old 12-14-2002, 07:07 AM
Pro Rider

hey kentucky! i have an 01 raptor with a FMF powercore4 sa slip on installed. one son has a full yoshi system and i agree with you... it barks. the FMF does not. but we're trading the lead in drag races.

I have no experience with the BP__ dont rem the initials, they may be good. but i know i am happy with my FMF. and if you guys have spark arrestors required like we do, there's no visual doubt about that.

dont waste yer bucks on the head pipes unless yer going into the engine...the numbers are nearly identical with the stock head pipes.

yep the fmf pc4sa makes a pleasant, authoritative sound, but not a bark or a raspy punk noise.
kids always equate speed with noise....we all did.... it is of course a myth.

have fun!! if i can help, give me a call! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you want an idea on how the MBRP pipe sounds vs. the others. The best way to understand it is to think of 2 Z28's. On with 10" Glass-packs(loud, barky), and the other with a FlowMaster Exhaust system (low rumble, and you'll ever get annoyed at your own machine).

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You win the prize kyle.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The head pipe is worth it for the looks alone.

Old 12-14-2002, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Lol @ myself. I thought MRBP stood for Mr Bills Racing Pipes. Now that I realize thats not correct, what does MRBP stand for?

Old 12-15-2002, 12:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bshep- ROTFLMAO, ROTFLMAO< ROTFLMAO, i never thought of that one.

Old 12-15-2002, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

14mins- is there any way u, or anyone else, could make a little video of the pipe, so i could hear it at idle and hear it when its in higher rpm's also. As of now i think i want the MBRP pipe. i was wondering if the headpipe for the mbrp is larger than stock, i know they make one for big bores that is larger, but is the regular one larger than stock? if so, how much larger is each headpipe over stock? Also, if i buy the full system, will my headpipe change colors???

Old 12-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

??? also, what are the HP gains that MBRP claims to give the raptor, with and without their headpipe?

Old 12-17-2002, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

TY MBRP for answering my Q. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2002, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer

no one can answer my questions?????

Quick Reply: raptor exhaust: sound