Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly or Sportsman 600 need 2 know this week

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 08:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly or Sportsman 600 need 2 know this week

Was wondering if anyone has rode both bikes By week end I will be getting one or the other. I never rode ATV before having just retired to Arizona from Illinois. On the Polaris fourm I read a couple times that the Grizzly is top heavy and will roll easy. How woulld you compare the two bikes?? Also want to get the wife one to I was lookin at the Kodiak 450 and the Polaris 500 how would you compare the two bikes here?? Would be mostly riding in the National Forest if that would help in the comparison. Wolud not havin IRS on the kodiak 405 make a big difference?? Chuuck (Cottonwood Arizona)

Old 12-15-2002, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

look no further..HONDA...AMEN

Old 12-16-2002, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

honda is so far behind the rest, their riders are beginning to say prayers.

Old 12-16-2002, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer

your 02 trailboss is so far behind my rincon..its begining to make me laugh...ur quad in the shop much buddy?...lol gl with ur quad choice
BTW..the only thing honda is behind polaris on is shop time..lol

Old 12-16-2002, 03:48 AM
Trailblazer

hmmm I can almost buy 3 trailbosses to one rincon (some of us ride on a budget) and 0 hours in the shop for my trailboss but good try on the reliability issue. Be happy with your over priced rincon. but back to the point of the post.......even lostone1413 knows better then to buy a honda. he didn't even ask about the rincon. he might need a front locker, engine brakes, disk brakes, true 4x4 and get it all for a fair price. hmmmm the rincon has none of it and its over $7000??? for what?? a miniature honda civic tranny?

Old 12-16-2002, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider

Gee, didn't take this thread long to turn into its normal brand bashing wars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Rincon4life...don't think he was asking about a Honda, for good reason.
Lostone...I can only comment on the Grizzly 660 and it's been a trouble free quad for my wife and I. I think that Polaris' are decent quads, just a little heavy. Price being the same, I'd say Grizz all the way.

Old 12-16-2002, 05:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've riden them both the grizz has a lighter handling (as would any bike compared to polaris (not bashing polaris or anything) the grizz has more power but other then that they feel similar. If it was up to me I would say the Grizz. Try to ride both and see what one you like better, and try to do the same for your wife.

Old 12-16-2002, 05:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

That's all you'll need to do! Ride a Grizzly and you'll just want to go sign the papers.
Love my Grizzly!

Old 12-16-2002, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: iszdan
hmmm I can almost buy 3 trailbosses to one rincon (some of us ride on a budget) and 0 hours in the shop for my trailboss but good try on the reliability issue. Be happy with your over priced rincon. but back to the point of the post.......even lostone1413 knows better then to buy a honda. he didn't even ask about the rincon. he might need a front locker, engine brakes, disk brakes, true 4x4 and get it all for a fair price. hmmmm the rincon has none of it and its over $7000??? for what?? a miniature honda civic tranny?

I got 6400 in to my rinny that will be here 25 years from now..and dont bash stuff you havent even riding..Your gonna need 3 boss's to last my rinny..The polaris factory is with in miles of my house..matter of fact ..I get drunk with half the peeps that work there..weirdly...all of the above drive honda's...except for one guy that won his polaris in a raffle..as for griz..nice machine..real fast..but to damn tippy for my taste..(not bashing griz)..I think everyone has a right to try all atv's..and honda has good deals going on right now too..we are all human..lets get along..sorry for the wise advise..

RiNcOn4life

03 rincon
03 skidoo rev 800
03 rubicon<dads

Old 12-16-2002, 10:50 PM
Range Rover

After reading all the post the only thing I was sure of for the type of riding i'd be doing I wanted IRS so today I went out and bought the wife A 500 Sportsman and bought myself the yamaha Grizzly. Brought the 500 home today the Griz is getting a winch so i'll pick it up thursday. From all the forums i've read it reminds me of when I rode motorcycles I had almost all the major brands one time or the other the Jap English and a couple Harleys but the best bike was always what was in my garage at the time LOL Think ATV'S are the same to not a penny worth of difference in them but what it can do is 99% the rider. What you all think of it being that way??

Quick Reply: Grizzly or Sportsman 600 need 2 know this week