Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

3TV & Others that have owned both a P650 & G660

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3TV & Others that have owned both a P650 & G660

I`m looking to purchase one of these 2 4x4`s this spring (leaning toward the P650). I`ve searched and read most of the posts about each and it`s still a tough choice. Last time I purchased a new machine things were easier with less choices. Were given so many choices and models now which is a good thing for the sport but the lines between sport, utility and sport utility have run together making it tougher to choose the one that fits your needs!

I don`t want to go into a big list of the pro`s and con`s (been done to death I think) but YOUR opinion on the whole package. Especially those with conciderable seat time on each.

If you had both sitting in your garage set up the same for the type of terrain you typically ride on, which would you choose over the other?

Yes I will ride both to see which one`s ergo`s fit me better but parking lot riding is not going to be a good indicator of it`s trail performance.

Thanks Guys for your thought !!!

Old 12-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks 3TV !!!
What you said is what I was hoping for.

I like the looks (also better colors) and the suspension (independent) better than Prarie but was under the impression that I would be giving up some of the sportiness having the independent. That is why I was leaning toward the Prarie. It sounds like that isn`t so in your opinion. Yes we ride in completely different terrain but I think for the most part it doesn`t matter in the sport aspect moderate speeds over rocks, logs, sand, mud ect...... rock crawling on the other hand I`m sure the Independent is better suited.

I`m getting older and the Scram is lacking in the comfort area stiff suspension, mud protection, narrow seat to name a few. I still like the Scram but it`s not rider friendly on all day 50+ mile rides for me anymore.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

I had the same decision to make as you. The selling point was the IRS. It is just so smooth on the rough terrain I ride (same as 3TV). I've never rode a P650, but I didn't like the other semi independent rear suspension quads I rode. Maybe something sles to think about is who is the best dealer? Best price you can get? Other wise, exactly what 3TV said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]