Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

4 Stroke Wars Preperation (FINALLY DONE)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Stroke Wars Preperation

Time to get serious..........The airline tickets have been purchased, the freight there and back has been paid for and confirmed. Now all I need to do is build a crate to ship it in. So, what do you think so far??

Shipping Crate In Progress

And as usual..........when tackling any new job you MUST purchase a new tool. I'm pretty sure that is a written law somewhere. I know it is in my house. ha ha

Old 12-21-2002, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Greg,

I am so pleased to hear you're going that I can't put it into words! Man, bro....it was touch and go there for a while! Glad it worked out!

If I might suggest, it might be a good idea to use some cinch straps to hold that machine to the bottom of the crate.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 12-21-2002, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

you can maybe cut down on teh dimensions of teh box by unbolting the upper mounts on the front shock and the lower mount on teh rearallow the suspension to lower the heighth

Old 12-21-2002, 07:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the saw. I actualy need to get myself one. I have NO wood working tools, well a hammer but that doesn't really count.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Greg

The crate looks good so far. I occationally crate equipment here at work and deal with trucking procedures some what so I would like to offer a little advise.

Add some more verticle supports and horizontal cross pieces on top of them across the top. The trucking company WILL put other crates and pallets on top of yours and they could be heavy. Don`t want them to break thru.

It`s hard to see what you did under the floor but you want some cross pieces so the forks of the fork lift do not poke thru the floor.

These things may add lumber costs but I`m sure you want to protect it as best you can.

Also material handlers at the terminals are evaluated on how many tons of freight they move per hour and it`s recorded so they are more concerned with moving freight quickly vs carefully.

Good Luck

Old 12-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WOOOW dude that looks like fun can i help you got a extra hammer come on can i helpl can i can i can i RHOND GREG WON"T PLAY FAIR projects are fun if you don't enforce the no shooting buddies with the air nailer rule[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now here's a person going through a lot of effort to go to FSW's. Hopefuly it will be worth it for you.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

I think Greg should get an award....

Old 12-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Greg Take Easteregg packing advice! I can't tell you how much stuff we get at work that gets banged up through shipping.

Old 12-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Yes..........an award would be nice.

Here is my Day 2 pictures. I'm getting closer.

I do need to notch out some side holes for the fork trucks. Just incase they need to grad it from the side.

Day 2 photos

Quick Reply: 4 Stroke Wars Preperation (FINALLY DONE)