Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

4 stroke wars

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 stroke wars

frist of all nuturaptor there seems to be too many people who think they know what the atv world needs how about slow people to quit whinning about what we do !!if you wish to ride the woods and mingle with the squirrles
do it and leave us alone this forum is bigger than ever and who do you think builds it the guy's who you guy's are ragging on if all of us big bore monsters left there would be on forum how many sponsors want to be involed with
the low key's cb radio packing hill billy's they want our money we put amazing amounts in our racers and we keep coming back for more parts !!! so you guy's need to go back to the mello side and leave us alone. and for your poor jelous butts i bet there will be over 500 quads at FSW with AT least 100 running!!!!! no where on earth can you have a bigger quad event and thats bar none!!!!!

PS where and what is baltimore????????? now ask your buddies wheres GLAMIS!!!!!LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS; mich some of us are a little embarrased over some of the post too !!! but thats all they are is post FSW will be a group of guy's having fun not fighting!!!!

Old 12-21-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

wow, lol. whining? i hope you aint talking to me about whining. whining is what people do when all else fails, or there feeling get hurt. my feeling havent gotten hurt. and my opinion isn't attaching anyone here. just making a simple statement. as for jelous. if i wanted a sand rider with 100 ponies, then that only takes money. more money, more power, right? and sand of corse. michigan has vary little sand, but money is not an issue. i too have spent a few buck on quads, parts, and doctors, lol. i bet 90% of all money in quads i spent on the weekend rider. the guys who put 20 g's into there quads and get them in mags, on t.v. and so on, it helps promote the sport for all. this in turn can get more newbee's into it to spend even more dollars. i assure you i am not jelous of you though. if i wanted to build the biggest quad money can buy, i would. i was only looking for a happy medium on the forums, and odviously i am loosing, lol. i am nothing but happy for you and your love of sand, dragging, and hill racing. this was not my point.

Old 12-22-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

hey mich....looks kinda like your are in a bickering pissing match right now. BBBwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

hey you guys we shouldn't go to hard on him he has his points and we don't want the forum to turn into atvnews forum not that i think it will cause most people on here are pretty good but lets not let the fsw get out of hand but in the end mich i just woundn't read those posts if you don't want to i still think this is a great forum and theres lots of new features thanks to dbeck i think that we all should be thanking him and not complaining to one another hope anyone who thinks about leaving doesn't cause theres lots of good ppl around starting will my club along with many others jmo
-cory

Old 12-22-2002, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

michgrizz660,
I'm with you 100%, in the last six months atvconnection has really gone down hill and a lot of it is due to FSW.
This was also my first atv forum and I learned a ton in here. Lately I have found other forums to be much better. They are more directed towards the 4x4 too. I know you are a member of highlifter but you should check out the others since they are real good as well.
I think most of the laid back "hill billies" such as myself have headed off to other forums because the sport bikes have taking over in here.
Well good luck on what ever you do and I hope to see you in the other forums.
NorthernEdge

Old 12-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

NotuRap, Don't get me wrong, I agree with what Griz had to say, what I didn't like is dbeck saying he would remove the threads and the people writing them. That is sensorship. FSW is a big event and guys (and girls) are naturally going to get pumped about it. But when the sand settles, the arguments will too. I guess I haven't seen a big problem with this, but I don't spend a lot of time on the computer. I would hope that if the thread wanders twords FSW and who's quad is faster, you should move to a different thread and bash each others brains out.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

GREAT, I agree with you all. now lets race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

Starky,

These forums are censored. Always have been always will be. We retain the right to remove anything that violates the forum rules or if a topic or individual begins to upset too many people in this community we may take action.

Smart advertisers are picky about where they associate their brand. Honda, for example, would not want their banner ads displaying in a forum where there were author icons of half-naked women on the same page. Without advertising, nobody could provide a forum of this size due to the very significant expenses associated with this type of service.

Many 3rd-party banner ad networks prohibit displaying their banners in forums--unless the forum is well moderated. Again, they want their brand associated only with professional sites.

When it comes down to it, we run the forums as we see fit and try to find a balance between free speech yet maintain a quality forum with a friendly atmosphere and where kids and adults alike can have fun and learn and share.

Not everyone will like or agree with our forum rules. People who smoke may not like restaraunts where you can't smoke. Life is full of rules. Freedom of choice means if the rules aren't acceptable you can go elsewhere.

We would hope that nobody would leave over us attempting to run a professional and quality forum as opposed to 99% of the other forums on the web where swearing and machine bashing and personal attacks run rampant. Some spirited discussion is good and necessary for a forum not to be boring. Its only when it becomes excessive that it is problematic and needs to be dealt with. If a few people are lost because they want to be able personally attack and bash each other--we don't mind...that's not the kind of person most people want around anyway. We've lost people when we haven't moderated heavily enough. Either way, you can't please all of the people all of the time. We'll err on the side of professionalism and quality content. The fact that we have 5 - 10 times the members of other forums seems to bear out the idea people want a quality place to talk.

You also can't make judgements based upon what you know about certain topics or people in the forums. You aren't privy to the facts. Let's say we had an individual that viloated the forum rules 3 times a day for example and we eventually had to remove their rights to the forums. You wouldn't know any of the background leading up to the action. All you would know is what you saw. Hopefully, we've earned your trust that we try to do the right things based upon all of the facts.

The bottom line is we do the best to be fair and we try to enforce the rules equally for everyone.

I'd like to point out that my message that generated your initial concern was a warning. Things have improved immensly and it doesn't look like anything needs to be done. It's always better when people in the forums solve problems on their own.

Old 12-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

North Dakota!! Can you say FSW II in January in 70 degree blue skies?
Starky might be in a little larger san box than Glamis come January, he is in the military. Or he might be down here and doing some Ms riding.

Old 12-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

dbeck, You're right, the reason I'm on this site is because the site I was on before was not monitored and nobody wanted to read all the garbage. It seems that everybody is pretty happy with this forum so you must be doing it right.

Ward, Once you get back from Glamis and fix whatever you broke, we'll hook up. I'll be in So. Miss. till the mid Feb. after that, who knows. I'm sure there is somebody in the Mid East that needs a good butt kickin.
Looking forward to seeing some footage of the big ride.

Quick Reply: 4 stroke wars