Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

4 stroke wars

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 stroke wars

hey all,
i have been a member on this forums for a little while now, and i have some thought on the hole 4 stroke wars thing.
1st.) it seems to me it has become quite a peeing match, and there are more loosers than winners.
2nd.) i cant seem to see much on here that doesn't adventually go twards it.
3rd.) i always thought that quad riders had enough against them to add to it with such events.
lastly, i havent seen bickering like this since the last time i went to my youngest sone graduation of preschool.
i know alot are going to try, as i quote, to **** in my wheeties, for this post. come on. its a sand dune, filled with proud people who have built good quads. leave it at the quads. this is not something that should take someone like me and drive me from a forums, is it?
i used to love this place, with its differant quads, and so many people to get help from on them. i actually remember when 4x4 quad owners came in here often, to learn and build. i was one of them.
now, all you see is alot of post, some with nothing to do with the wars, being deverted twards them.
not knowing for sure, but if atv connection is a part of this, it is beginning to look more like a bad move more so than a good one.
i am sure i will be attached like so many other posts over this one, but this is coming from someone with nothing to do with the wars.
this was my first atv site i joined, and i just hate leaving it do to all the negativity here.
pease, out

Old 12-21-2002, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

mich660griz,

You are correct. The negative discussions on 4SW are not in the spirit of this board--which is for sharing knowledge about ATVs and for helping each other out.

You have my word that if any more bickering occurs the threads will be removed and the participants removed.

Old 12-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

Amen, The sharing of info is great, the get togethers are great, atvers coming together for the fun of riding and making friendships is great.

If people want to start fights over quads, grow up. It is fun to ride and race and it is fun to read about, but come on guys it really means little in the overall picture of life.

Old 12-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

Sounds a lot like communism bud. I'm pretty new to the forum and don't get a lot of time to spend on the computer, but I thought the whole point of these forums was to allow people with a common interest to express their OPINIONS. If you don't want to read what's on a certain thread, don't read it. But some of us want to hear different opinions and make a judgement for ourselves. As long as it's kept clean and it doesn't become a personal attack on someone because they have a different opinion (there's that word again) they should not be blocked.
I haven't read all the threads on 4SW's, but what I have read sounds pretty good. I can't go this year because I'm going to a more hostile desert, but I'm planning on going to next years event, if they have one, irregardless of someones opinion.
Remember, it's all about the sport and the right to express yourself. If you eliminate somebody because thier opinion is confrontational, than you're no better that Sadam and Bin Ladin. I sure would hate to be put in that catagory.

Old 12-21-2002, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

starky,
maybe i wrote it wrong, or you misinterpited what i was saying, but i am not a communist, lol. as american as apple pie my friend. my point was not to bann, or even try to limit topics on a board. i have been here a while, and have learned alot from my fellow members, as well as tried to teach every now and then. my point to the topic was simply to take notice of an overtempered topic. i also feel we all have rights to speak what we feel, but to a limit on a public forums. i have watched more than one friend leave this sight and email me to join another. as i have also joined others. i also see myself telling my son not to read on this sight anymore due to the reason nature of things on hand. am i overprotective of my children, ohhh ya.
i do read most posts on here. i beleave in being informed on new things related to atving, couse of my love of the sport. but it is not as simple as not reading, is it? when reading a post on a grizzly subject that soon turns into a hate post over a sand dune match, then things are going south. i also beleave in others stating there opinion, as mine is not the only one here. i have read more than 1 post on a peeing match, and have even laughed about it. just not to the point that my friends leave, and you cant read many posts without it being there.
communist, no. proud to call myself a fellow atv'er, heck ya. time to fight tree huggers, just not one another.

Old 12-21-2002, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 4 stroke wars

mich660 its good that you can learn from these forums and i too enjoy them !! And there have been a few threads that ive been freaked out by. So i stay away from them but a lot of what we see is different opions which is nice and if all we ever heard was (well today ned i took the grizz to the ozarks caught a nice bass me and billy bonded and well life is good see you later ned. OH by the way which oil do you use ) I would puke and move on to another forum that people actualy had a pulse in you must remenber the type of people that ride sport quads are generaly a little hyper . And i do know there are sections for the hunting and farming outdoorsey type but right now were pumped and want FSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i will talk too all the guy's and ask them not to talk FSW in the huting and farming outdoorsey section we still like you guy's we just go too fast too enjoy you!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS: I belive it was blueleader that said .CAN'T WE ALL JUST GETABONG !!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Range Rover
Default 4 stroke wars

ummm.. mitch.. buddy.. We don't want to fight with anybody. Tree huggers (to hear a redneck say it) are not our enemy, they want the same things we do. To enjoy the earth as God created it, not to have a bunch of people trashing it and leaving crap everywhere. We do want to ride and that will require compromise on both sides as the amount of *public* land decreases. There are allot of people on these boards that try to work with the regulatory agencies to keep our sport thriving, they are also the same ones that take their racing very seriously. FSWs is not an easy task to accomplish and it brings the sport out in the open where people can see it for what it is and not what some that would like to kill the sport say it is. I used to play tournament paintball. If there ever was a sport that got a bad rap this is it! It has changed allot since the days of camouflage and *real* looking weapons. They now wear what looks like football jerseys and have brightly anodized markers. Nothing has been more positive for that sport and we really need to consider how we want the "straights" to see our sport.

Old 12-21-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

Have to say that I totally agree with the initial post from mich660griz. Personally, I would create a new forum called FSW. Maybe the other forums would return to normal.

Point 1 - definitely a peeing match, how could you argue this? The people who really care about who has the fastest quad going up a sand mountain will be there. Those 40-50 riders will have and should have a great time!

Point 2 - many post starting with a non-FSW-related subject end as one anyhow. If you are new, it might take you a month of visiting this forum on a daily basis to realize this. This is a true statement too.

Point 3 - in general, ATVing needs positive press and not negative. Fortunately, I seriously doubt that this event is causing any long-term negative press for the sport since most people in this country who ride or don't ride ATVs could care a less about the importance of this event and never heard of it. I did a poll in Baltimore the other day and nobody heard of it. Trust me, Bill Balance and Doug Gust are not worried about this event stealing the industry's thunder. Mich is right that this forum suffers though. A few great members no longer visit or post their valuable hands-on knowledge because of the "personalized trash talk".

mich660griz should be given the equal opportunity to speak his mind and state that he believes all this trash talk is killing the forum. He has the right to bring up the subject right? Starky, sounds like you might be communist too.

/NotuRaptor

Old 12-21-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke wars

azsand, lol. i hear ya buddy. i would also be stoked over a thing like 4 stroke wars. seems like it is a great step in the right direction twards more respect in our sport. i agree 100% in friendly banter twards 1 quad, or person, to another. no dought bout it. it is posts like, they want to kick my a$$, and numerous responds in non related topics that i am talking bout. i aint the anti christ here, lol.
i also dont want to be a member in a forum like what you stated. i have learned alot from people here, including you. just seems way too much bad talk, threats, and so on latly.
pvtcowboy,
i played paintball for a few years, and do understand what your saying. heck, i still have a titman 65 carbine in my closet, lmao!!! i do wonder if half of what has been said, implyed, or so on, comes to pass. what it might do for our sport. i guess i just aint real good at getting my opinion out on the subject. i am for it 100%, just seems to be getting harsh in here about it.
i do wish i could go to it, to see what its all about though. maybe strap a few toroaps to my racks and pull me up sand mountain, heehee.
i did not post this to offend anyone. if anyone here knows me, i dont try to offend anyone, or insult for that matter. just stating what i am feeling, and seeing.
pease, out

Quick Reply: 4 stroke wars