Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

thinking of mudlites for my 03 wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of mudlites for my 03 wolverine

first how much do my stock tires weigh i read that 4 mudlites weigh 68 pounds in 25 inch tires
also being i have 23 stock how much power am i gonna loose going to 25 also will the tires void my warrenty do u think ill have enough motor to pull them i ordered a proflow air intake and will check and see if it will need to be jetted so that should add a little power tell me what u guys think

Old 01-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thinking of mudlites for my 03 wolverine

You will need to get a new silencer, look for one that will bump up the low end, the proflow intake is always a good idea,factory set up stinks. I would also recommend aluminum rims if you can, not only will it save you a lot of wheel weight, the factory Yamaha rims have a big rolled lip that sticks out and catches on every rock in the trail, my old rims look like someone took a sledge hammer to them. If you are planning on mudding a lot, a mod that will help get more power down low to the tires is to take the right side cover off the motor (drain the oil first) and remove the centrifical weights for the auto clutch and drill a 3/16" hole near the end of each weight (don't drill out the rivit hole !!!) This will lighten the weight so the rpms to engage the clutch will go up about 400 rpms, giving you more grunt to move bigger tires in the mud. If you don't do some mild mods to the motor and exhaust and add the tires, the taller gearing will rob your bottom end and have you downshifting all the time to trail ride.