Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior cutting out...tried all the usual things!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior cutting out...tried all the usual things!

try the stabil i think is whats ist called or go get some desiel fuel anti gel and put just a lil bit in and let it idle for a long time...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

or you can just pour it out back into a container and get some different gas. Pull the line off the carb and pour some into a glass jar look for any bubbles - bubbles mean water.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

No, it's a 95 Warrior I got for a $1000 because of this very problem. I was hoping it was the parking brake switch, but now I guess it's something else. I have no idea on it's history (how old the gas is, how long it sat, etc). I will get some fresh gas and Stabil tomorrow and see what that does.

I was in the float bowl and checked everything. The needle and main jet were ok.

I'll keep y'all posted, thanks! (and keep any more ideas coming!)

Colby

Old 01-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

yes, it's about 30deg here, but it does it in my garage which is heated up to 50-60 deg. I'll go check the fuel now...

Colby

Old 01-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

get some of that carb/fuel injector cleaner u use in a car... mix it in the can when u get fresh gas... drain all the old gas out... even reserve... and it should help if its the carb.... did u try the reverse switch somethin about that there is a ground or sumtin u do.. i think there was someitn about that...

Old 01-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Range Rover

sounds like maybe someone else may have been in that carb....

Old 01-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Range Rover

Ok, so I got new gas today, mixed in some stabilizer and injector/carb cleaner. Emptied out the old gas, ran the carb dry, and let it idle for about 10-15 min. Still cuts out. When it cuts out, it puffs gray smoke, which makes me think its running way rich, as if the ignition is cutting out. Could still be the rev limiter problem, however I did all I could to rule that out. What else in the ignition is prone to failure that would cause this? Any ideas?

Colby

Old 01-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

if i remeber right there is a problem that can occur in the reverse lever... i forget what you do but this causes cutting out... i would try to post a new topic with that as the heading or sumtin mayb unless someone reads this and knows what im talking about

Old 01-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

In my first post I stated that I had already ruled out the reverse lever. The ground sometimes goes bad and you have to ground the lever to the (-) on the battery. Done that, didn't fix it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Colby

Old 01-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

hmm... idk what could be wrong unless your jets are messed up or sumtin... the quad does run right then it cuts out when u give it gas.. is there an aftermarket exaust on it?

Quick Reply: Warrior cutting out...tried all the usual things!