Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

All Raptors runnin the WB E-Series look here

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Raptors runnin the WB E-Series look here

I just got a chance to do some wide open runs with my slip-on. 1st and 2nd are awesome. Slight stumble in the beginning of 3rd for a second then pulls hard. 4th and 5th is way flat. Im runnin the DJ kit 144/146 clip in 3rd position and A/F screws 3 turns out with snorkel removed and K&N with proflow. Is this the pipe? Ive heard people say the WB pipe falls on its face after 3rd but this is crazy. Like I said 1st and 2nd are perfect and 3rd with a slight stumble for a second then cleans up. Im puzzled and wonder if other peoples are the same way or if I need to try something differant with my jetting. Im around 1000 ft above sea level. Any help would be great

Old 01-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

get a different pipe.... IMO. I had that same problem when I had the e-serie. I switch to LRD and it really woke up big time and it way faster the using the E-series.!!

Old 01-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a 2001 warrior and the e-serries was the first pipe I put on it, but didnt like the power. I sold it on ebay and got me an R-4 and loved it!! Great power and great sound too!!

Old 01-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with Desracer I have had 3 other pipes systems since my E-series and they all ran better and had lots more power. The W/B is a real bottom end pipe

Old 01-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you need to add quite a few more discs than the pipe comes with to make them work, 12 seems to ring a bell.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Edit....Just looked at my old notes in the garage....before the 686 I had DJ 148/150 mains needle in 3rd with 16 discs K&N no lid at sea level.

my buddy had 146/148 needle in 4th proflo foam no lid.

both bikes were neck and neck. ran

Old 01-14-2003, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

DJ 150/155, needles in 4th, air 3 out 14 discs! Runs like a raped ape!! I've put my E against alot of piped Raptors to only lose to a small few (locally)! In the summer, I open up the end of the E to breath even more!!

"TOID"

Old 01-14-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hmmmm Toid if the e-series is so good how come your looking at the MBRP pipes?????hahahah J/K giving you a hard time since i won't get to meet you at FSWs
Pat

Old 01-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Funny Pat!!

It can be tuned to perform well tho! That is the point I am trying to make. After all, I've had it on there for over two years and have been VERY pleased with it! But I am also interested in new stuff all the time!

Later "Dark One"

Old 01-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have an e-series w 14 disks, snuf-r-not endcap opened up, pro-flo no lid, DJ needles (custom location...different spacer set-up for my mild application), 165-167.5 mikuni mains, 10.75/1 JE, and a stage 1 hotcam.
The people that are not happy with the e-series have not taken the time too dial the set-up in perfectly for their particular Raptor..
KJMAXXX...I would richen the needles up a notch, test for the stumble..better or worse? Move the clip around until the stumble is gone...then go a little more (you can even add / remove thin washers for proper dial in) too check potentially more performance. Now more too the mains.....the mains are tricky on the Raptor because the Raptor likes a rich condition on the main. Go up on the mains until the engine shutters / balks, then back off one setting....test....back up another setting and test once again...better or worse? WHat does the plug say?
Baseline....take your lid off and toss it....leave your needles where they are (turbulence is introduced and you will be close in the 3rd slot) and raise the mains too 148-150 and test. Run some high quality filter oil....Maxima Fab 1 or PJ1 are good ones and protect the filter well.

Quick Reply: All Raptors runnin the WB E-Series look here