Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pismo

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo

If i had a shop to donate you'd be the first on my list. If you ever come down to pismo our shop is always open to you. If you need a place to stay and you dont want to be on the beach let me know and you can crash out at our crib. We are about 10 minutes from pismo. For what your banshee is (small bore 350) i wouldnt lighten the flywheel. Your motor is already lacking in torque as it is. If your looking for top end power the FMF's wont touch the CPI's. IMO the CPI's and the GRR pipes are the best on the market for top end speed I.E. drag racing. BP, yes i know a lil about banshee's, whats up?

Old 01-16-2003, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pismo

Well I wuold like to by some carbs. but not sure which to buy what you think of advanceing the timing?Whats all the gauges about or is that classified info!Thnx for any info bro.

Old 01-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pismo

the gauges are for different things. What motor do you have? Do you run methanol or gas? What is done to your motor (IE timing, pipes, air box) has your motor been ported, who did the porting?

Old 01-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pismo

I have Toomey t5 and CoolHead with the small chambers in them and the pro design boost bottle and filter set up. no porting to my head yet should that be my next step?I seen that you don't run the side pipe so they must not be any better so my pipes should be ok?

Old 01-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pismo

HAHA you have me confused with lyle's bike. LOL i couldnt figure out what you were talking about and i saw the "no plastics" mentioned and then i knew who you were talking about. Our bike is IMO a lot cleaner/newer then their bike. Their chassis is nearly 7 years old! But that bike is very fast. I havent raced them, but we would be a pretty good race. I think i could get them, im running a lot more tire and a lot more gear. I figure id pull them out of the hole and mph a little better. Their inframe pipe is a custom built sparks pipe. Its a one off pipe. The motor is all RPM so it doesnt need the fat pipes like the big motors. Your motor with inframe CPI's will run cherry, dont worry about it. Its when you run the big motors that you need the big chambers. Id say your next step (BP) is cylinder porting. from there you'll have your head cut to whatever spec's you run, whether it be unleaded fuel, race fuel, methanol and what style of riding you do. If you'd like more info send me a private message

Old 01-17-2003, 02:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pismo

How far is Pismo from Los Angeles? And how does it compare to Dumont?

Old 01-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pismo

Where in LA are you located? I go to school in west hills (next to lost hills, agoura hills, reseda) and its about 2 and a half hours from there. Im on the very outskirts of LA. Dumont has a nice hill to race on. There are rocks and gravel at dumont too. Pismo is flatter, doesnt really have a drag race hill, but has a nice flats section and the sand is a lot finer and mucho grande easier on your tires.