Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster air box and jetting

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster air box and jetting

i was wondering i have a 01 blaster and what good does it do to take of the air box cover i heer people talking about it and is that the the air filter cover or what and i was wanting to know some info on jetting i dont understand that well please help me im lost thanx

Old 01-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

ok, well if you remove your airbox lid, you will get more hp, it probably won't be a very noticable amount, but it will give you more air flow. if your removing the lid you will want to get a better air filter though.

jetting is something that is different for every quad. temerature, and elevation effect jetting so it is hard to tell you what jet you need to be running. i'm not possative, but after you get a new filter and remove the airbox lid you will probably have to rejet. i would recomend you get a pipe, like a toomey, they come with a filter and a variety of jets with good instructions. i think that is your best bet, and it will really wake your blaster up.

mini

Old 01-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a k&n filter and i have dg pipe but is the jets worth changing in it for more power cause the quad runs perfect but is it worth the time and the money Also every one talks aboust the TOR what is that and what does it do and can i dissconnect it

Old 01-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

the tors is your throttle override system. it is a safety feature i beleive. it is the grey xox thing rigyht on top of your carb. its very odd shaped. i left mine alone, but i think you can disconnect it. as for gaining power from it i don't think you will gain any.

about the jetting. if you are running stock jetting, you need to fix that!!! running to lean, could fry your engine. i don't have any experience with dg pipes, but i know you should rejet after adding a pipe and filter. i would say you should do a plug check to see if you are running really lean, or if you are just off a little bit. and as for a power gain, when you are jetted properly you should have more power.

Old 01-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

mini's right. U get more HP. If u live in really dusty conditions I wouldn't recommend takin it off. It will get ur air filter really dirty.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

i unpluged the TORS and it wont stay running, i will let of the gas and it will die,is that normal

Old 01-26-2003, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Did you disconnect the switch to the handle bar throttle and the little box up front? I would double check those.

Old 01-26-2003, 04:38 AM
Trailblazer

dont disconnect the TOR it prevents the enigine from over revving and DUDE get your blaster rejetted running it lean with fry your motor

Old 01-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

whats could be the problem if u keep foulin plugs on a 94 blaster

Old 01-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

to rich, i believe. your plug is getting to wet from the gas that it doesnt spark

Quick Reply: blaster air box and jetting