Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Vs. Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Vs. Predator

S2000 is a light weight, rear wheel drive, 4 banger, no roof honda car with a sky high redline, 2 dif sets of cams for dif rev ranges, and some pretty trick other features. It makes good hp stock and its fast. But when you start modding it, theres not a whole lot you can do because its already very modded. I think some engine tuner spent a year with it and made a package that added 20 hp lol. I heard something about honda making a I-6 version with massive hp but I think it was just a joke or something
Honda S2000

BTW everything in your siggy is a ricer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah everything BUT THE F350 in my sig is a ricer but when it comes to cars and trucks there's no second to a good V8 or V10 in my case [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now to save pennies for that 6.0 powerstroke....now that's american muscle... a fast car is a vette, camaro, stang, 442, GTO, you get the point...not some lil 4 banger that needs a turbo and NOS to equal a stock V8.

Old 01-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Back to the original question of Raptor vs Predator. I raced 2 predators at FSWII. One was completely stock and I pretty much killed it every time, but the rider did not handle the whoops well at all so I don't think that was a fair comparison. The second predator had the stock exhaust modified (sparky removed for sure) and he beat me twice. He could handle the whoops better than I could. Once we got through the whoops, I would have to say we were even with maybe the Raptor with my mods gaining very slowly on him, but not enough to win at Olsmobile Hill. Just my opinion is that if I could have exitted the whoops with the same speed that he did, I would have won but I didn't this time.

Old 01-21-2003, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

O what a question...let me give you my opinion. I have some saddle time on a Raptor (stock) at Little Sahara in OK. The power is there. It does rock. The handling is something that if you can ride well you can deal with. Now if you are going to widen it and/or lower or extend it I know it would be bad. On the other hand, I just purchased a Predator because it is so easy to go fast on. It is the most forgiving bike I have ever ridden and I have ridden them all. Mine is stock but I have a friend who has the pipe. MUST have pipe. I just need more. Stock for stock the Predator is the best value. One thing else, you have to dial in the suspension on the Predator because it comes mediocre from the factory. Power wise Sportquad.com just dynoed Predator @ 42 horses stock. That is 6 more than the Raptor. The suspension,power, and handling are definiatly in a complete package. The Raptor is a blast. But the Predator wins my vote.

Old 01-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

I would say to go out and test ride both machines if possible!!! See for yourself which one feels better to YOU! JMO. Good Luck!!! XR

Old 01-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

At FSWII I ran my Cannondale against a couple of Preditors. They looked like they handled the whoops ok, but I had them in the power dept.

Smitty

Old 01-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Not to be mean there Smitty, but I hope you had the power advantage with your mods!

Old 01-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

I also ran a predator just to see how bad a whooping I would give it and actually it surprised me, I don't think it can beat a stock raptor but If I owned a z400 or president or smaller I would be worried, it actually was quicker than expected and did handle the whoops pretty good. If they had a 700 or 750 predator I'd be a little nervous.

Old 01-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Range Rover

if you want something to pipe and take to the drag that is very respectible then go with the raptor. if any mods at all are planned then do not i repeat do not get the predator it is very hard to pull horsepower out of. i speak from first hand experience. i saw a predator that was piped, ported, bored, headed, and carbed. and it was only pulling 50 horsepower (saw it dynoed)the guy that had it was very disappointed in its modding ability. and stock on stock a raptor takes the cake in the drag. and always stay away from first year production quads. they never work out all of the problems until the second year(i.e. the 01 raptor tranny)