Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Vs. Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 09:39 PM
rc3
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Vs. Predator

What do you raptor riders think about the predator? Is the Raptor a little faster? Is the predator a little faster or are they about the same? I am thinking about buying both so I want HONEST OPINIONS!(not crap talking)

Old 01-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

LOL..no crap talkin huh???

asking this type of question is like taking a baseball bat to a bee hive and not askin them to come out!!!!

i heard they go both ways, but... the speed of the machine comes down to the rider...

but what kind of riding r u planning on??? MX, trail, dunes???

mx...z400, kfx400, Dale, predator...
trail...raptor, d,s z, kfx.predator. Dale
dunes..raptor, SHEE, ds, predator( dune version ) or a Dale Glamis

me i like the raptor...its not the very best at every but it does do them pretty darn good!!!

just my 2 cents...im tried of these types of questions they should be banned!!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2003, 10:28 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

Well I knew it would be impossible to get no crap talking but I gave it a shot. I ride strictly in the sand, but I would probally get on the track a little!

Old 01-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

man thats a hard question to answer. i have only exprerience with raptors, i cant speak on the predator.

i'm really happy with mine, and my two boys are happy with theirs. raptors, that is.
go to the dunes and see whats running around. yamaha says the rap is their biggest seller. that says sumthin.
any quad is gonn have teething probs, just like cars, so i'd try to stay away from first year rides.
unlike me and one son, tho neither of us have had tranny probs...
i just like the power! on demand, no shifting and praying like some...i dont have to spend a lot brain time on what gear i am in. just gas it, it goes!
rides nice, handles well, i am pleased.
all i can give you is my experience and opinion. i wont flame anyone else's ride, except to say that the predator has a lot of 50's studebaker styling cues...hehe maybe that will change...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

I spent some time on a Predator this weekend and I was impressed. I did some "controlled" tests (rode through the same whoop sections, etc...on both my Raptor and the predator) and I really liked the predator - but I really like my Raptor too !? The predator seemed more nimble and the suspension is great. Power was OK but not as nice as the Raptor. It seemed pretty quick due to the better suspension. It's just diffferent...My advice is to ride it and see if it suits you.

Old 01-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have a friend that owns both the Raptor and the Predator. He says that he believes stock vs. stock, that the predator is a little faster than the Raptor. I personally haven't ridden a Predator so all I can say is that by racing against one that they seem pretty quick, but again I haven't actually ridden one.

I would take your time either way and be sure to try your hardest to get to ride both of them in either stock form or equally modified form to see which one you like the best.

good luck with your decision.

Old 01-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

If you want to leave it stock, get a predator, if you want to mod it get a raptor. Its kinda like a Mustang GT Vs S2000
stock for stock the s2000 may win but it dosent have as much potential to go up because its already modded out stock.

Old 01-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Dumb question, what's an S2000? And pleeze dont tell me it's a ricer.... I just cant handle another story of ricer taking a stang... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

the s2000 is a ricer. another one of hondas dunb creations. its like saying a camaro and a stang. the camaro will cream, murder, stomp etc.etc.

Old 01-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

45 auto you dont like ricer stories or what.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor Vs. Predator