FSW Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FSW Video

Originally posted by: BajaDS650
Originally posted by: raptor03
well i know if my bike came from the crate with a high performance cam & piston it be alot more than half a bike length,Let's see a 500 with a cam piston and a raptor with a pipe and jet kit = half a bike length win

Let me put a cam and piston in my bike then it would be like racing a 400...

Till we Meet Tres..Laters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thats the thing people don't think about when they are talking about their Predators. The Preds motor is high strung from the factory. If the Raptor came the same way......there would be no competition.
Well for sure I don't know that much about Raptors.... And I don't know why Yamaha wouldn't make their engines " high Strung" out of the crate..... Seems like if you were producing a 660 quad you would want it to dominate the field. Yes that is me in both videos and that DS650 was pretty fast ...wonder what mods he had?? I actually got a lot closer on a couple of those runs.... but I was trying to take off in Second like I do my R until I figured out that wasn't working. 2 strokes 4 strokes big difference..... And being it was the first time I had ridden the bike it took me a little bit to figure out the timing...... I kinda regret gettin out there an racing when I wasn't really prepared ... but its all good ... I'm not a sit and watch kind of guy .... And I wanted to see how the bike competed so I would know where I needed to improve..... As far as Miniblaster or whatever I bought the bike for my wife... I just like toying around on it cause its fun. Obviously we can all drain our bank accounts to see who can put the most into his or her's bike ...but I am pretty impressed with the Predator in its stock form, Not that I am going to leave it that way.... Besides I don't just sit at the hill and race up and down , I would much rather shred through the dunes... Why don't we put together a race around the closure area to showcase not only the power of our bikes but handeling and riding skills as well? Any takers? And finally yes David I do have a Slip on White Bros pipe , they have not came out with the head pipe yet. And I am still fiddling with the Jetting to get it right ... If you listen closely to the video you might hear it poping and choking ...I will have that worked out by pres day. so I can give you all some better competition. I'd still like to know what mods the DS was running....... Later Tres

Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default FSW Video

Well 1st i'd like to say that DS was pritty quick, and he handled the whoops like a champion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] interested to know what is in it. Another thing is Answering that question about the raptor. I am pritty sure the bike was produced before the other bikes, so they made it more reliable by putting less horses in it. they did this by making a weak cam, and putting an everyday piston in it. They did not have anything to compete with so they didnt waste moeny into developing higher performance parts for it. The pred on the other hand has alot to live up too, so stock they give it a medium cam with more engine mods and tweaks, "that makes a 500cc better than a 660cc". The pred is a great quad though, i dont deny it. They are very quick and handle well.
Just my 2 cents

Old 02-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default FSW Video

I can answer those questions as he is my brother. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

He has the same mods as my Raptor basicaly.

11:5:1 piston.
TM 45 carb
pipe/jets/filter mounted to carb.
1 tooth down front sprocket

Our bikes are pretty even in drags. He was killing me at Olds cause I'm not as good in the whoops. I don't think I beat him one time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Dumont is a different story, If I get a good start even or just slightly behind I'll pull him on the hill and win by 1/2-3 lengths depending on time of day and what part of the hill we run. Sometimes it's even and once in a while he'll win. My bike runs much stronger early in the day when it is colder outside. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Tres, I'm impressed with the Predators as well. Out of the box they are hooked up. Thats the way all the manufacturers need to put out their quads imo.

Old 02-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default FSW Video

dar dar dar....i love it when you all bicker

Old 02-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default FSW Video

Hmmm There has been some discusion on using that TM45 carb
on the Predator as the DS 650 and the Pred have the BSR Mikuni Carb stock.
I'll have to take a look at that...... I don't really want to go smaller on the Counter Sprocket
as the Pred has a 13 up front now and I think a 12 is a bit small and may put undo presure on the Counter shaft. Maybe add a couple of teeth in the back.... Trouble is as you know with the pred being so new there's not a whole lot of aftermarket stuff yet ... But there will be... But its hard to be patient...
Anyway.... look forward to seeing some of you at Glamis next week...... You can tell its me by my Red White and blue whip with the American Flag on it. Has a single stage light thing on top. A cooler rack with a Gray playmate on it. Usually have 2 or 3 river soda's in the cooler at any one time ...flag me down and say Hi! Course if its in the dunes most likely my Wife will be on it..... She love's that thing, I only get to ride it at night unless I'm racing the hill... Oh well Guess I might have to buy another one!

Old 02-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default FSW Video

My brother says the TM45 carb has made the most improvment of any other mod he has done. If the carb fits and works on the Pred, watch out everyone else.