Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

a Few question bout trinity Racing Co?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a Few question bout trinity Racing Co?

I have ablown up SHee and wanted to know has any1 dealt w Trinity and how they feel? I have a holed Case possible seized left cylinder if I send engne out will they replace this if i pop for the 525 kit?Then I wonder should I go big or what is the best kit for woods all around all out rding racing?This will be the 1st time I deal w a company like this if I decide to not rebuld my engine and I know I will be putting out alot of cash anyway I look at it LOL and I want satisfaction.2 dealershps told me ya cant buy whole motors ya have to buy it peice by peice an they said cases are like 500,crankshafts 500 etc it all adds up.SOoooo I might as well go for broke an do it right and go big. Are there engnes reliable and do they have a pay plan an a warranty to that too?LIke I said If I put out 4-5 gs and dont have no guarentee I could be in same predicament am in now.TY for every 1s replies!

Old 01-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Trinity built my Banshee motor back in June 2000. It is a Stage 3 420 Long Rod. I have ridden and raced it very hard and it has held up wonderfully. The only engine component that I have replaced are the clutch plates. It is very reliable , very competitive, and it is a great all around engine.

Daren

Old 01-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

i dont see where you woulc or even could use the 525 for woods riding...thats made strictly for the
track or dunes just get a stock bore with a mild low end port job should be very pleased with it
call trinity and talk to harry tell him what kind of riding you plan on doing and he will recommend
what you should run with....he is very helpful and a very reliable company, as for warranty its
kinda like the banshee, you buy it its yours hope this helps

Old 01-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If i were you (which im not i know) you dont need 525cc's worth of power to ride woods. Thats basically an open class drag motor. They are decently reliable (for a drag motor) as long as you have the correct internal engine components. Again if i were you id either do a stock stroke midrange port job. You'll be suprised as to how much power you'll gain strictly off of a port job. If you look inside your cylinders you'll see why the stock cyls are so damn slow. As for trinity ive never dealt with them, but i have a lot of friends. And those friends wish they did a little more homework to say the least. Ive personally disassembled trinity motors that have seized up, my friends ask why their motor was seized and its not hard to figure out that trinity installed their pistons in backwards. Is there a warrenty? lol thats a good one...

Just from my own personal experiences and mishaps, id rather go to a shop that isnt as commercially built (I.E. CT, LRD) no offense to those companies by the way. The best motor job your going to have is when the owner (the person who's name is on the invoice, such as kurtz, ohton, packard) Those are the motors that run circles around the trinity bikes. Just me though

Old 01-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

if she comes in Ill have to ask her,I wouldnt just email her even though I know her screen name.I dont think that proper unless a person is asked 1st.I want to be untouchable in the woods and be reliable as reliable can be for a SHEE haha.Some 1 thought when I said warranty that was a good 1 an thought it was funny.WHen Im laying down thousands of bucks for anything Im not gonna get it back an have it blow up an be outta money w out some 1 standing behind there products. I dont care what JOe Q public says or does when its my money Ill do the talking.I know some people abuse there stuff and use to know a kid who had 4-5 transmissions built for his car .1 after another they kept blowing up.Cottman t0old him NO we know You are abusing the car transmissions just dont blow up5 tmes in a row and they denied him another rebuld on there time that I can understand.

Old 01-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The person you referred to as laughing at your warranty idea was me. You also mentioned something about people not taking care of their stuff. I'll take great offense to this as my bikes are some of the nicest bikes you'll ever see. I laughed (not in an offensive way) because your building a "drag/race" motor. Since when do you feel a warranty is needed on a race motor. They will not promise you anything, if its their fault and they know it, yes they will stand behind their work. Otherwise NO. Furthermore, you said "ill do the talking" if the builder says they arent going to stand behind what they feel is your fault you can talk all you want, its not going to change their mind. You say you dont want to drop a few thousand dollars and get hosed on a bad deal, well thats life. We just built a 14k banshee motor, it went about 50 feet and it split itself in half. Luckily my builder is taking care of me, im fortunate for that. Hey thats the breaks! its racing