Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your thoughts on Raptor,Z400,Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your thoughts on Raptor,Z400,Predator

Just write what you think about the raptor,z400, and predator...Tell me about the modifications you do on your machines...About stories that you have experienced on them...Write anything you wnat about your machine.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

Raptor: 4 of my friends have them and i ride them all the time. The raptor is an awsome machine with alot of power and I love to jump it because it gives you so much power all the way around. I love the way it looks. It's good in the trails and sweet in the sand. Only complaint...the tipping thing.

Z400: I have only riden one and from about 5 hours of riding it I thought it was pretty cool. The machine runs smooth and shifting is also smooth. Handles great wnd I love the way the white one looks it seems that it would be fun to fix up.

Predator: I own this one. The only reason I got it was because I wanted something different. This quad is the best stock quad that you can purcahse because of its features and the price. I know some people think I'm favoring the predator because I own it but it really is a great bike. The handling is better than any of the above, although it is a first year quad it has been very reliable for me, and power...well I don't care what people say or argue about, all I know is that not one of my friend's Raptors have been able to catch me and they have been riding longer than I have. The faster you ride the better the handling is and the better the power gets. Complaints...weight will limit you to tricks in the air and looks...I changed the plastics on mine to all black and my company's stickers.
-My thoughts-

Old 01-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

I second your opinion NOxEFFORT

Old 01-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

I still choose the Raptor!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

The Tipping thing,That complaint comes from people who dont ride a Raptor!!!!Or cant handel it..JMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

Just to let you know I owned a raptor 01 and can handle it!!! But, compared to the predator it is tippy and who ever says otherwise is just being stubborned in not wanting to admit it. Of course any machine can be handled with experience and practice but then there are those machines that have better handling(predator) and don't require the rider to be a top notch rider.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, i agree 03, i haven't experienced a tippy feeling on my rap. Just because another bike may be lower to the ground doesnt mean it is less tippy. And does a predator really beat a raptor? Clue me in so I know not to race one for money if this is true.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Range Rover

you can spend the money to make the raptor beat the predator, but you can also spend that ca$h on the predator, and dust raptors all day long. if you don't want to mod, buy the predator.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

Lower center of gravity equals better handling around corners and maneuvers. Have you ever noticed why pro racer's quads are so low to the ground? As far as the racing thing I agree with farmboyxc...If you put money into a quad of course its going to be faster then the other but from MY experience with the predator and raptor, the predator is a lil faster. If you are racing for money make sure you are a better rider and that the machine is stock.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

No woder i always beat you guy's at comp hill,I guess your not a top notch rider(JK),Man i never felt the tipiness and i never will..that is the only complaint i ever hear is the tipiness,I ride sand ,desert and i ride ***** out in a turn or riding bowls and i am never afraid of it tipping...All i have is aPipe and a jet kit and i got videos of me whipping up on some predators up comp at glamis,There's one on here now,,do a search on FSW video..He got the holeshot but i still came back,I have more when i beat them by 2 or 3 bike lenthgs..They will be up soon..I hope you love the predator more than i love my Raptor660 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on Raptor,Z400,Predator