Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why kill switches sometimes $uck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why kill switches sometimes $uck!!!

Heres a good laugh...I was riding in the desert the other day. My Raptor has a kill switch. After riding for a while I had to wizz. I stopped the quad and jumped off. Since my tether is attached to my chest protector, it came with me. When I got back to the rappy, I climbed on and hit the starter..nothing...wouldn't start. I'm like miles away from camp so I'm starting to freak!! I thought maybe it was hot so I'll just let it cool down some. After about 15 min. I tried again..nothing. I still have my helmet on, so I cant look down. I figure something happened to the plug wire, so I took off my helmet and bent down over the quad, well, there was the tether dangling from my chest!!! After a few choice words and feeling pretty dang stupid, I put the tether back on the switch and my heart back in my chest...Anyone else wanna bond with a stupidity story?? LOL (PHEEW!!! felt good to get that off my chest...LOL)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

No thats never happened to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Well mabe its had me confused for about 2 mins [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Parking brake is the other culprit.

Old 01-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

So it was the kill switch that sux, because you forgot it was un plugged.. Interesting...

RoostKing...

Old 01-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have never done that either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Also, I have never been inside a crowded arena where 3000 people are watching you flattrack race. And I didn't flip my bike then kick it repeatedly trying to get back on the track while I still had a chance to place. Then I didn't get pissed off and push my bike off the track into the pits because I thought it flooded out from the wreck. Back at my trailer I noticed (I mean I didn't notice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) that my tether was dangling.

Old 01-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

ive done something like that...but i think a little worse. i was ridin my yz with nick on the river, and we stopped at a bar/restaurant that is down there. and i unplugged plug wire so that no-one could take off with it ya know? so we get done eating, i get out there and it wont start. i kicked it quite a few times and it was pissin me off. nick walks over and puts the wire on....i was like SON OF A B¡TCH! i was pretty mad. but then i was like wow, my anti-theft devise worked so well, that it fooled the person that put it on there! lol. oh well, i feel like a dumb @$$ but oh well. i guess ill keep on doin it.