Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your buddies and drag racing??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your buddies and drag racing??

In your group of riding buddies do you have that one person you hate to lose a race to?? Me and ---------- had some killer drags against each other. I win most of the time. For some reason he brings out the best of me at the strip. I can lose to anyone else and i do not really care. But when me and ----- line up it is ***** to the wall. He is responsible for all my motor modds. I have spend 1000's to stay in front and he has spent 1000's trying to pass me. By the way we get along great and he is a super guy. I just do not like to lose to him on the strip. He is the life of the party some times. maybe it is because he rides a sand pig?? lol

Old 01-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Well you guys will probably laugh a bit (cause I'm racing with a blaster).
But my one friend started out with a 300ex and he was pretty quick we
used to race when I was stock and he'd beat me on short runs but long
ones my sixth gear really stepped up for me. Anyway he would mod and
I would mod and pretty soon we both had tons of bolt on mods and I could
walk him with no problem. Then one day coming home I see him on the road
he pulls over I pull over and I'm like" dude what are you doing" him:
"I just bought a 400ex wanna come out with me tomorrow to pick it up?"
That was when I knew my days of beating him were over. Now I'm getting
the 240 big bore kit from Trinity to see if that will get me close to beating him
or atleast breaking even with him. Hopefully it will. I would love to smoke a 400
with a Blaster!

Old 01-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

gyger- good luck. It does not matter what you race as long as you have fun.

Old 01-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

14mins,
You hit it on the head. LOL. A good riding & party Buddie (Brent) Has a 250ATC like mine & we've been riding together for years. He was my Mentor when it came to racing. Dunes or Cinders He could smoke me. He has minor mods to his bike but I outweigh him by 50 lbs. He's 130 lbs soaking wet. We're both running +4 swingarms. I have a PWK38 to his PJ34. Mine has a Paul Turner high Rev to his FMF. The last time we were at Glamis I finally got my S##t together & starting getting Holeshots & riding the whoops better than him. It was so KOOL to kick his @ss time after time up Oldsmobile. We raced at least 20 times with same results. His bike performs very well, mine just had the edge.

Old 01-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Man you did hit that right on the head...if I didn't have any friends to ride with I'd still own my Polaris Sport. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I don't really have anyone I have a "grudge" with so to speak. I just like to race anything and everything that lines up at the trailer park. Justin and I always seem to be racing, exchanging wins. He's probably one of my favorites to race. Adam seems to have this thing about beating me. He constantly asks people what Im doing to my bike so he can gauge his mods around that. I don't think I have much to worry about in that department..LOL.
I'd say the best part of drag racing is afterwards..when you bs and exchange stories, talk about the bikes etc. I always look forward to that.

Old 01-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have any friends where I live I've beat them all. I know have a lot of friends in The ATPR Team, I want to build mine as fast as 14mins, I could care less if I beat him or anyone else just as long as I can stay with them.

If I want to win a lot of races, I'll wait untill 14mins gets off his Raptor and while he is not looking take it then go race everybody on the trailer made 2003!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

i love to win, but i think it is just fun to race and see how my bike does. now i have the shee, there aren't to many competitors around my area, but its fun beaten the littler bikes that think the are great. i love the story part after the race too.

mini

Old 01-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ill be the first to admit i didnt have a lot of friends (and the ones i did have were little pecker woods) so i got into racing...and now i have too many friends. One thing i noticed about my boys (all drag racers) is #1: they NEVER shut up. #2 even if you beat them and have it on video...you didnt beat them #3: They are louder then a fat lady in an all you can eat buffet #4: They compete over anything...who gets the last steak, ps2, women, pool, it dont matter. Hell we even compete over who has the most posts in this forum!

But all in all its just fun. I use drag racing as a way to get away from everybodies BS and meet new friends. Even the 4 strokers...

Old 01-30-2003, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great Topic 14!

I don't really have a "thorn" that I like to do battle with, But mainly I like to race EVERYBODY in Texas, and hopefully win as much as I loose. Even if they are in your face trying to distract you from beating another RAPPY.LOL;(I got that trophy bud!) Texans HATE to loose.he he he God bless 'em.

Oh!! and I also HATE looseing to RAPPY's(yuk!!) , but it does happen from time to time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: Your buddies and drag racing??