Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee A Arms on Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee A Arms on Blaster

Hi, Recently a friend of mine bought a Yamaha Blaster (1992) - Even though we both love high quality machines, he could not pass the deal up since we got it for 700 bucks. It even has a durablue extended axle, full fmf exhaust, great engine, and swing arm extender. I knew how jacked up the brakes were all along, but we thought we could come up with something. We first put Trenga Kevlar front pads on it, but it still just does not want to stop - I am fed up with it, and want to put some banshee A arms with spindles, rotors, and the master cylinder on it. I know these are not bolt on. Refrabricating the mounts is not a big deal - My father can do that. The problems lie in the shock differences. I would like to use stock banshee shocks on it. Is this just a matter of relocating the shock brackets on the a arms, or is there more to this. I am not a suspension master, but know that I need enough space for a longer shock, and need to get the angles right for the most wheel travel, and all the other dynamics right. We are not looking for a race bike, but want it to handle and jump better than now. It hurts to jump a blaster. I am not going to fork over tons of money for trenga a arms, rotors, spindles, etc........ not when there are tons of banshee parts on ebay? Any suggestions?

Old 06-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just recently bought a blaster of my own for a really good deal. It is currently set up with banshee a arms, spindles, brakes and everything, but still has the stock blaster shocks. It looks like the upper a arms fit into place, but the bottom ones don't. On mine there are brackets that make them fit. It stops good. I was wondering about this setup myself. I do mostly trail riding and jumping, and it sits low, and puts the tires on a weird looking angle. I want to get rid of the stock shocks anyway, if i got some works shocks made for blasters with extended a arms will that bring my front end up?

Old 06-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Alot of people run banshee shocks on blasters with stock a-arms. Check out forums on www.projectblaster.com