Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor/Predator...The real story!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor/Predator...The real story!!!!!!

Guys what the hell is the facts here.In the magazines ive read they say the displacement advantage the Raptor has over the Predator it beats it in a drag consistantly.On these Forums i hear all this Predator hoopla of how the Predator is faster than a Raptor (and everythging else lol).I have nothing against Polaris but whos right???? late,zubbeyboy

Old 02-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

i asked a similar question a couple days ago i don't know either i know when my uncle tried a stock pred he figured it was for sure not even close to a piped on and maby even a bit less then stock thought it was pretty gutless but i don't know rap pred guys what is the real truth...

Old 02-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Its going to be funny
All the Raptor guys will Post they are faster.
All the Predator guys will post they are faster.
Oh boy..... late,zubbeyboy

Old 02-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Im not tryin to diss on the preditor cuz its a sweet machine, but a couple months ago ... I had an e-series slip on pipe and a foam pro flow filter and gecko paddles (sucked) and i raced a stock preditor and beat it by about 4 to 5 bike lengths. however ... the guy on the preditor was quite large and im a 15 guy that weighs 130 so i had a weight advantage. So i duno i think if they both had the same mods it would be a good and fun race. Hope that helps

Old 02-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'll start out with the predator is faster just to get that out of the way...lol...hadnt raced a Raptor yet but have ridden them a good bit. I didnt sale my EX until I rode the Predator though. Sport Quad.com dynos the Predator at 42rwhp. My stock Predator is a bit flatter on bottom end than my buddies with the pipe. I know the Predator is a little bit heavier but it pulls stronger than the Raptor(in my memory). My buddy with the predator had 2 Raptors. He bought the Predator. I know it is much easier to go fast on than the Yamaha.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

Dude, you're gonna get all kinds of answers to that question. In my experience, the raptor and predator are very close. It's all rider that makes the difference. The Predator is a better launcher. I've raced around 6 different raptors that ranged from stock to full pipe, jets, airbox and filter. All but two, I usually took by several bike lengths. One of the two was a full pipe, jets, airbox and filter raptor which was near equal, the other was stock with a 120 pound kid riding it who could launch very well. That guy was only 2 bike lengths back (much closer than most of the piped raptors which shows how much rider factors in a race). Each time I raced these raptors we took several runs to get an average and in most cases I lost to almost all of these raptors in one of the several races due to a bad start or a missed shift.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Pred is a very good quad, stock vs stock, i think the pred has the raptor. Because the stock raptor has much milder parts that dont put out much hp, once u start engine modding though, i think the raptor has the pred. Pipes vs pipes, i dont know maybe someone else can fill us in on piped rappy vs piped preds.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Who really cares. Stock vs. stock. Raptors do not stay that way long. (pipe and jet)So now the raptors comes to life and the predator is further behind. In this day and age i do not see the 42HP. If the raptor is faster or even for that matter in a drag race where did the 42hp go?? Raptor is 32HP stock.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shaneb
I raced a pred at fsw with my stock 400ex, it was about 5 to 7 bikes faster up olds.I should note that I am a decent rider and get over the whoops better than most. He passed me about 3/4 hill.With a better rider the pred would have not lost ground to me over the whoops ....Shane
I cant say either way as I stayed in front of both of you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe it comes down to torque and not horse power. Anyone have the numbers?

Quick Reply: Raptor/Predator...The real story!!!!!!