Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor/Predator...The real story!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor/Predator...The real story!!!!!!

Raptors faster, everyone knows it but they are just in denial. Read the shoot-offs in the mags, the Raptor wins everytime and just read peoples posts about races. It's kind of annoying though when people come out and say they whoops one or another in a drag race and that their quad is faster cause of it. How do you know how skilled they are? Maybe that was there first time riding, of course your gonna beat them! When someone says they killed that Raptor with there Pred or killed that Pred with there Raptor they obviously are exadurating because its a closer race than that in real life. Killing someone in a race would be 5 quad lengths not 2, 2 quad lengths is close but with a clear winner. Anyways...I just get annoyed by these stupid posts of one stocker killing another when the race in real life is a close one. Theres just so many factors when your racing that its hard to get a good equal race in, thats why I trust the mags cause they try there best to equal these out. The stupid posts about the piped Raptors beating stock Preds and them bragging about it is lame too...err I hate that! DUH your piped Raptor is gonna win!! The Raptor is faster but it's a close race. Just if you think about it too, 660 vs. 500? quite a difference here, if not in top end then the Raptors torque kills the Pred it seems like torque ends up being the deciding factor in this race cause I think the Pred has more top end HP but lacks the torque to pull the Raptor. Anyways...this post is getting long and I rambled to much so it prolly dont make since...oh well...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider

Wildchild, Talk to 14mins about the parts he can get you good pricing. With the stage 1 you do not need the springs. 11-1 Piston Stage 1 Cam and Gaskets it should be somewhere around $300.00. I paid another 300.00 to have everything put in.

Nocando

Old 02-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

alright all talk to 14mins and see what kind of pricing he can get, I asked the dealer in my twn and much labor would be yesterday and they said about 3.5 - 4 hrs at 60$$ an hour so i think i ll do it and say for a ported head later. thanks for your help

Old 02-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

I guess everyone has a different opinion. Here is what the guys at sportquad.com think.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I raced turbo bobby before mine went down, and he was stock, i had the pipe and alcohol, it wasn't that far behind.

I have yet to actually ride a predator for a seat of the pants feel, but just from before, I think that either stock for stock, or on equally modified levels if the predator did not beat the raptor, it would be very close, probably coming down to the rider/takeoff. I have heard that the predator likes to rev, and keep on reving and that it has a snappier power than that of the raptor.

One thing to consider, turbo bobby does own both, so he really has no bias either way, these are the ones that I believe are speaking the truth.

Old 02-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

All i have to say is check out the march dirtwheels. The raptor wins the drag races

Old 02-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

Don't they mention something about the predator spinning too easily on the strart? In real drag racing, launch is everything, a slower car can have a better et than the faster car because of the better launch. A general rule of drag racing is the hp to weight ratio, the one with the more hp to weight is a faster machine.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

no they say the real flaw with the predator is that they could not make full throttle shifts they had to let off. I talked to this one guy who had both and he said the raptor was alot faster the only thing better was the suspension on the predator