Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you ever caught anything on fire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever caught anything on fire?

People like you guys is why I'm so damn busy!!
I'd much rather sit in the fire house reading a magazine than running around all day!!
Oh well people like you is why my life is so exciting!!!

Like Raptor8 says, firefighters have some good stories.
Like the time I was on top of a 100' ladder & a 55 gallon drum flew by me in flames & went about 100 yards higher, that's the kind of fireworks that even 14mins can't get!!!
Needless to say I broke a record getting the he!! off that ladder!!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I've caught Me on fire numerous times. IN ag i was cutting a brace out from underneith a trailer when some slag dropped down into the pocket of my coveralls (you never seen a fat guy move so fast in your life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). Lit my pants on fire trying to do light my fart. A bunch of other alchohol related fires, on a side note about that guy throwing a 5 gallon gas can in the fire that same thing happend here and the guy inded up in ICU after getting hit in the face by a firey log.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

10 years ago we were branding calves. Some of me dads friends from town were out helping. They have never done this type of thing before. It is spring time and the calves are pretty wooley looking. Well the corral we were using left a lot to be desired. The process was to vacinate them, brand them and spray them down with fly spray. All went well for a while and somehow one got fly spray before it was branded. Well as soon as the brand hit the hair..poof up in flames it went. Oh crap i thought as the calf hauled a$$ thru the corral and out in the pasture catch little spots of dry grass on fire. I still remember the sounds coming from my dads mouth. "who wants theres medium or well"

The calf survived by the way.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

that is friggen funny 14mins. when I read "branding calves" I knew where you were going.

I burned my eye lashes off lighting a join.........nevermind.

my icon says it all.

Old 02-06-2003, 02:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

As some know i half a lot of rent property. Well one night around midnight i get a call from a tennent. She says the water is running everywhere from a outside faucet and she does not know how to turn it off. So i put my pants on and head off over there. I get there and see that a hose bib is broken off. (a kid was sneaking out the window and used that as a foot hold) So i shut the water off and got a new one out of my tool box in the truck. It is like 12:30 am and i have 5 tennebts watching me. All i want to do is go back home. Well i could not reach up in the wall good, so i just knock 2 bricks out and sweat the new one on and head back home.

At 6 am i get a call from the fire fighters due to smoke in a apartment. They are wanting permission to knock some holes in the wall. I said you know what?? I did that from sweating that hose bib on. So i got back up, put my pants on and drove back over there. (i was wanting to keep the damage to a minimum) As i was topping the hill i see like 100 flashing lights, HUGE light towers in the yeard and 40 tennant standing in the yards. LOL i thought to my self and drove right past the crime sceene.

All in all about 250 dollars damage. That is part of the reason that i want to donate some of the proceedes to the ALedo Volenteer fire deptmant from the ATPT nationals.

Old 02-06-2003, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

when I was a little kid I was seeing my mom and dad off on a cruise. my dad gave me a hand full of those party-popers. you pull a string on a little champagne bottle and it blasts out confetti. I had a front row position and when everyone threw streamers I was going to blast party popers so my mom and dad could find me in the crowd and they could waive to me. well, some blue haired old bioch pushed me out of the way and stole my spot. I took 3 or 4 party popers and aimed it right at the back of her head and pulled the strings all at once. Boooooom!! direct hit.....and her big fat hair sprayed blue hair burst into a major fire ball!!!! Her hair went from 1 foot high to a shower cap in 2 seconds. lol. My grandpa grabbed me and we took off out of there. When we picked up my parents they immediately asked me if I lit that ladies hair on fire [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Blue- Back in the big hair 80's my sister was home from college with some of her college girl friend. There were 6 of us in her regal. I went to light a cigarette when the big haired girl in middle (front seat) started laughing and leaned back. POOF. Not a whole lot of damage. Good thing we were all drinking. I was 17 at the time and i always liked my sister bring her college girl friends home for the holidays.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 04:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

14mins and Blueleader, thats some funny stuff. ROTFLMAO!!!

I felt bad about burning down a larger section of national forest.

My first wild drinking night I ever had was on everclear, mistake #1. After way to much I decided to go out in the back yard and blow it out of my mouth and light it, like at the circus.(yes I was that young) Next thing I know half of what I was lighting was running down the front of my shirt/pants, ON FIRE. I proceeded to roll around in the mud like a pig to put out the fire. Stop, drop, and roll does work. And I used to wonder why there was a drinking age limit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

Christmas eve, 2am, about 20 years ago now. all quiet. Horns go off. 'structure fire, blah blah blah multiple story dwelling, attached garage fully involved." we rolled.
pulled up in the driveway and the garage was goin good! were gonna try to minimize smoke damage if poss and look for folks at home [they were out of town]
before long we had all kinds of equip there...and as we were working the garage, i heard a sound like popcorn popping, or bacon frying, and people scattered..
my cousin pete, who's a big dude' grabbed me by the collar and drug me around behind our engine. Of course i wondered why the rough treatment.....
he said two words that made me want a cigarette. those 2 words were 'loading bench'
that poor engine spent a few days in the body shop, but fortuantely nobody got hurt, but dam did people run! funny now, scary as hell then!

we still chuckle about the garage that shot at us!! hehe
like Moose said, it can be dangerous

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

like Moose said, it can be dangerous
I agree, I have had to call the FD many times.
So thanks to all the firefighter out there that have saved my butt in the past.

Quick Reply: Have you ever caught anything on fire?