Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you ever caught anything on fire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever caught anything on fire?

love the storys.......

here is mine.....
i was riding at the kirmit dunes one weakend with crafty and others. it was thursday befor everyone else got there, crafty, myself, and our friend travis were riding and we were out in the big dunes. crafty and i had raced up one of the bigger dunes a few times and then started jumping off the top of it. after the 2nd or 3rd jump i started back down the dune to were crafty was, about that time he started yelling STOP STOP STOP!!!!! waving his hands in the air. about that time i started to see smoke comming from the motor area on my banshee. so i killed the motor, stoped and got off the quad. by this time crafty had ran to me and was on his knees starting to shovel sand on to my banshee. about this time i noticed flames coming from my new toomy pipes. luckly nothing got hurt at that point. just a few flames caused by the overflow of some crank case oil meeting hot pipes. but thats not the end of my weekend YET. to make an even longer story short, i went thru 2 sets of brand new clutches that weekend befor it ended. so to rap up...banshee fire on thursday..burn cluch up on friday..order new cluch and over night it for saterday..put new cluch in saterday..burn up new cluch on saterday evening...come home sunday...mad.

Old 02-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

A couple of years ago our neighbor calls up and says get some marshmellows and come watch my car on fire! Sure enough, the thing was sitting at the edge of his driveway with flames going 20 feet in the air!!!!!! It illuminated the early morning sky (still dark out)

Turns out that his wife was leaving for work, saw the oil light come on and drove it back to the driveway just before it started a blaze!!!!!! They had just had an oil change at one of those quick lube joints, and if I remember right, the oil filter wasn't on tight and came loose or something like that.

What a good sight to wake up to! No need for coffee that morning! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

speaking of car fires! my sisters first car was a 1987 chevy nova and after the headgasket and somthing else went we parked it in my back yard and it sat with a 91 cutlass and a 88 scottsdale.. any way one day me and about 6 friends asked my mom if we can trash the cars before they get hauled to the auto salvage so for a while we used a friends foreman and pulled the nova around the yard and goofed around ,it was fun until a few more friends show up and decide while we are at the end of the yard to light the cutlas on fire, not a good idea, there was a few gas cans and 2-stroke oil cans in there and it had a quartor tank in the gas tank so we decided not to panic and let it burn for a while and nothing special happend but I thought it was cool, neighbors didnt though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oh and the nova or scottdale didnt get chared, instaed we beat the nova with sledges,picks,shovels,and bats it was fun, the scotts dale is in a gravel pit now prob with broken stuff and stolen stuff,(it ran really bad so we decided to drive it till it died well my friend stalled it and it didnt start so we left it at a gravel pit)

ps i know i cant tell stories very good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

10 guys 13~15 year olds on dirt bikes, 5 each on hills across from each other,
No parents around,
A Case of pop bottle rockets
A XR250 Honda with a leaky carb
Need I say more!!!

Old 02-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well heres on i went up to the neighbors farmto help him fix his 300ex and as usual the kid was playing nintendo or something and so his cousin comes out and we stat working on it i adjusted the valves while he cleaned the carb anyway we get it all back together spray some gas into the airbox start it up it runs for a lirrle while and quits so whe repeat the process and eventualy end up with a 1/4 inch of gas in the airox and it backfires bloes a firreball and start the whole thing on fire som i smothered it with what i thought was a clena rag but was really covered in kerosene and it burned we laughed and it has never ran since

Old 02-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, we didn't set anything on fire exactly, but...

my buddy John and i were 12 and he had managed to get some big-a$$ box of fireworks display by mail-order (back in the day when any 12 yr old could send a m.o. and get pretty much whatever)
fireworks were illegal but the cop never really bothered anyone so we were really pumped to put on a show for the neighborhood.
we had some of those big bottle rockets with long sticks that wouldn't work in a pop bottle so we jabbed a piece of heavy iron pipe in the ground and figured we were good to go. first couple of rockets shot great! started to light the next one and the fuse kinda fizzed real quick and as i tried to stuff the rocket in the pipe, the pipe tipped over and lobbed the rocket perfectly into the box full of goodies. LOL it was just like a cartoon, everything started shooting outa the box! firecrackers, roman candles shooting every which way! rockets were flying and we took off running! what a show!