Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Denton Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denton Stabilizer

I'm looking at getting a steering stabilizer before the Adelanto Grand Prix. I have seen the Denton stabilizer on other Raptors and like the way it mounts and looks. Anyone else have this set-up? Any opinions on other stabilizers would be helpful as I am looking for the best as far as fit and performance goes. Thanx!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Denton Stabilizer. So far so good.

Installation Photos

Old 02-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

GregV...Nice, clear pics...Thats the same one I was looking at...thanks for the photos. Gives me a better look at how it is mounted. Thanx Again!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2003, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

You might want to look into GPR Steering Stabilizer and you can make an adjustment on the fly. It mount on top the handlebar clamp area. since Denton and other brand that mount by the steering stem, once you make the adjustment , you can't change it till you stop and change the setting.

With GPR, got a life time warranty, free repair, free service. It kinda pricey up front but in the long run it worth it. Lot of desert racers used this set up. I have those on my bike. They work great.
Where are you going to find that set up have lifetime warranty, free service and so on.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

GregV - one of the pictures says you added a new clamp for the steering stabilizer. Did you get that from Denton or make that yourself? I have mine mounted the original way (bolt thru the bottom radiator mount), and it just doesn't seem to line up perfectly.

You dont have to get off the bike to change the setting either. You just come to a stop, lean forward over the handlebars, reach down and twist the ****.

The denton works well, but if I had it to do over again, and had the $$, I would get a top mount style like the GPR or I think Scotts makes one too. Good Luck!

RR1

Old 02-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

One of the best improvements for the money, IMO.....

Old 02-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Is there a way to mount the Denton so the adjustment **** would be somewhere on/in/around the back of your left front fender? I want the adjustability of the handle bar units without the high price. I'll borrow my neighbors, he's got a PEP on a Banshee and runs a TIG machine at work:-)

Old 02-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

So far, I set-it-and-forget-it.....I've never really felt the need to adjust it on the fly. But, that's just how I do it - others might have different ideas. The Denton has 7 positions - and it's sort of a "minumum dampening to max dampening" and mine is always on max. I've tested it on numerous settings and like that the best in general.

Old 02-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Fisher - Are you saying the Denton is too soft? Do you ride hard? MX or trail? My neighbor said the same thing about his Banshee and PEP. I asked him if he ever thought about adjusting it and he said no. Is that because he can't or doesn't need to?

desracers - How about the handlebar mounted unit, do you actually adjust it while riding? How do you ride?

Old 02-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

I dont think the Denton is too soft - I just prefer the highest setting. I ride mostly "fast" desert (sandy, rocky, loose stuff) and dunes. Typically not super technical - the thrill is going fast over that stuff - very unforgiving if ya mess up. I've found the highest setting to be the most effective at higher speeds. I'm guessing if I was MXing I'd set it in the middle somewhere.

I'm VERY happy with the Denton Stabilizer !

Quick Reply: Denton Stabilizer