Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New idea for jetting, what do you all think

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New idea for jetting, what do you all think

http://www.altimizer.com/daj.html

check it out it is supposed to eliminate minor ajustments to your main jet size without taking the damn carb apart again and again. I am thinking of getting one for my Zilla, what do you all think of it, anybody had experience with it?

Old 02-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didnt bother reading all of the idea's and theories on the page, but it looks just like an adjustable powerjet. If thats the case, yes they work

Old 02-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yep it works...i purchased one as an experiment. I plan on installing this setup on my raptor but chose to test it on the wifes warrior first...the dual carb setup looked a little tricky so...bring in the lab rat.

anyways...installation was a piece of cake. im still experimenting with settings...the warrior has the WB e-series pipe, pro-flo filter and the motoforce airbox lid. I left the stock jets and made my adjustments through the dial-a-jet. very reponsive throttle now.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

they work. I'm using them to add NITRO and gas, when we ATV pull.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nitro and gas? thats a no-no...

Old 02-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

The NITRO I'm talking about is made by Kloz, it's a gas additive, adds extra oxygen, not nitrous oxcide, although they do the same. I'm using the dial-a-jets to meter the mixture into the carbs. The effect is like having bigger carbs, Nitro is the ox and extra gas. They run this setup on a lot of two strokes snowmoble that drag race.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

im really curious about this i read though the article and it seems to be the only way to go if it works like stated.

would it be better to get one of these or just to put in a jet kit when doing mods? has anyone had any experience with it? and would you ever have to change jets if you did big mods, like for big bore kits?

would you be able to just dump alcohol in your gas tank and go riding with this setup? and can you hook this up yourself or does your carb have to be sent off to have it installed? thanks

Old 02-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

unless you are riding in situtitions where you need to rejet often, like alitude changes, just get the right jets and install them.

The Dial-a-jets are easy to install, most of time its about a one hour job. If you did some major mods, you will need to rejet, in order for the dial-a-jets to work, you need to create a lean condition.

Because I'm not using mine in the normal way, you need to talk to Lorn at Thunder Products, he's the expert.

Old 02-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

hey they only work for small correction. the way i wanted to use them would be a dual setup. i want to use them so i could take off the the box lid or be able to ride with it on in muddy condition. things like that. would they be any good for that? thanks

Old 02-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

NEMISIS;

I think they will work for that, but again talk to Lorn, he own Thunder Products and owns the Dial-a-jets, he is the guy to ask.

320-597-2700.
Thunder Products

Quick Reply: New idea for jetting, what do you all think