Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

so how many of you are over forty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 02:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so how many of you are over forty?

I am 47 and I go up hills in the woods that the kids (18 to 25) will not think about going up, and I ride an Ozark. It really rocks in tight woods and climbs great!

Old 02-15-2003, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

I am 42 and will always be faster than the kid (as long as I am buying !)
I sure do enjoy the recliner or the hot tub after a days ride...

Old 02-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Trailblazer

Im 44 and fightinggggggg that old age [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Howdy,
just turned 63 last month. Still going strong & out running thos younguns!! I have found out that when things start getting to you just give life a little more throttle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

43 and starting to feel it, but I am too competitive or just too damn stupid to let anyone know. I ride with a younger crowd. The guys my age just want to putt, SCREW THAT, I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!! And I dont mean a white powdery substance!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

39 but still feel great and don't plan to stop. everyone i ride with seems to endure about the same levels of discomfort so i just go along with that. the nice thing of being older is if you get hard on the eqipment you can afford to repair it. besides i can't let my 9 year old get to me yet. but i'm already telling him he is a better rider than me so he takes it easy on me.

Old 02-15-2003, 01:57 PM
BK
Pro Rider

I'm 44. I tend to ride more on Saturdays now so I will have Sunday to recover! Its fun to blast down the trails outrunning or at least pushing the younger riders and then seeing their faces when they see how old you are. I also started out on dirt bikes, an old DT250 to be specific. It wasn't too fast but the suspension was pretty poor so that was probably a good thing.

Old 02-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

29 here.....

Im the fastest Ive ever been,,,,thanks to my Raptor!!!

I usually just try and maintain the 'safe' yet quick pace, and work on stamina from there (for the long hauls).

I try to restrain myself,,,,,,,sometimes I act like I'm 15 again, which can end up being painful.

I would like to enter some Hare Scrambles,,,,,just to see if the demon will show itself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I give you 60+ guys credit.

We used to ride in NC with some late 50s guys.....once they got all suited up and threw a leg over their XR400's,,,,I wouldnt see them till the smoke breaks. They rode like they were 25. (thanks Frank and Jimmy, Brown MT)

Old 02-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am 48 and going strong....used to cycle...but this is a lot less stressful. Just bought a Kodiak 450, but havent really got to try it out much...waiting on that nice warm sunny day.

Old 02-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

48 here, grew up with dirt bikes,,,,It used to be more time than money, now it is the other way around.
I wish I could ride more....Love my Baja, still have my '01 DS too,,,,That Weekend Warrior is parked in my yard way too much,,,,,I'd rather be riding....

Quick Reply: so how many of you are over forty?