Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would I be happy with works shocks if......?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would I be happy with works shocks if......?

Would I be happy with them if I never rode a quad with lets say Elkas??? I am sure they have to be better then stock. I have been thinking about getting elkas, but really don't want to spend that much cash. I am looking into maybe Works AT Steelers triple rate with remote ressies. What do you guys have to say about them??? I see them on ebay all the time setup for like 476 or something like that. Is that a good price or can I find better? Just looking for you good or bad experiences with them, thanks guys........

Old 02-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

It really depends on what type of riding you do. Works shocks aren't the best quility that way they are so cheap. They have a smaller shaft size. But if you aren't a hardcore racer and don't do anything really big (as far as jumps) you might be happy with Works shocks but I'd buy the best ones you can aford. Maybe a set of duel rate Elkas w/piggyback rez'es.

Old 02-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

I have works on my play banshee. I don't really care for them. On the banshee, they are a great improvement over stock, but about anything is better than a stock banshee. They seem to "stick". I have a friend with a 250r with works that does the same thing. What i mean is as you step down on it, they seem to be froze the break loose. Kind of odd to explain, but it is very annoying. I may just need to lube the bushings though. I am looking towards AFCO Cross country shocks for my banshee. I have afco's TT shocks on my TT bike and they are awesome. They were about $1200 for the set, but are compareable to some $2000 shocks. I haven't priced the CC shocks yet. I know my TT rear shock is fully adjustable and is twice as much ($600 adjustable 325 non).

Are the works raptor and banshee parts the same? I might be willing to part with mine.

Old 02-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

If we were to look at it from the standpoint of cars,

Stock = Camaro 3.8L V-6; pretty fast, inexpensive
Works = Camaro SS 5.7L V-8; faster, a little more expensive
Elkas, PEP, Axis = Corvette Z-06; fastest, but really expensive.

If you think you could be happy driving a Camaro SS, then go for the WORKS.

If you wouldn't be happy with anything but the best, save your pennies for the Elkas.

JMO, Good Luck!

RR1

Old 02-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For just a little more I would get Elkas without rezzies, unless you race or are a hardcore rider you don't need rezzies. And you can allways add them later if you think you need them. That's what I'm going to get and they really are not much more w/o rezzies. You can thank me later.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

six, I really didn't think about that, its a great idea! I really wanted piggyback elka, I might just buy with no ressies for now and add them later. I like that Idea, thanks....

Old 02-16-2003, 08:42 PM

I know...I have works front shocks on my shee (came with it) and I am about ready to replace them with the stock ones...maybe there is something wrong with them.
They compress funny, sound funny.ect.They even make it handle kinda sketchy and I would rather have a stiffer more stable feel because I am all about going fast over rough terrain.

JMO
liquidsand

Old 02-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

have you ever rode a banshee with stock shocks????

Old 02-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, 3 of my riding buddys have Banshees..........

Old 02-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

OH i was talkin to liquid because i dont think he realizes that bansheees stock shocks are much worse than works.just get them revalved

Quick Reply: Would I be happy with works shocks if......?