Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

needle clip position

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default needle clip position

This question may be a bit of a rookie question, but can someone please explain the needle clip setting. Also where is the needle clip located, and how is it adjusted? Also the difficulty level. Thanks!!! I am no mechanic, but I successfully changed the main jets and set the idle screws out 3 1/4 turns. I am still a touch lean and from what I have read on this forum, you can richen it up a bit with this needle clip adjustment?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default needle clip position

Follow the link on your other thread, someone gave you a link to DynoJets website. It has info on thew needles and mains etc. It'll show you the order of the parts on the needles etc.

Also when you take the tank off to get to the carbs the needles are located under the black covers on top of the carbs. There is a spring in there so be careful when you take the top off. There is a needle retainer in the middle of the diaphram, grab hold of that and lift the assembly out. Once out, pull on the needle retainer and it will come out from the diaphram. Turn things upside down and the needle assembly will slide out. Note the locations of the parts. There is some washers and a spacer along with the clip. The grooves are where the adjustment comes in. Move the clip towards the top of needle will lean it out and moveing the clip towards the bottom of the needles will richen it up some.