Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Playboy mag sticks up for the ATVers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playboy mag sticks up for the ATVers!!!!

yes i read the articles!!!...playboy flames the "atv vehicle safety crisis group" America's children at risk!!!

the evil people say... " atv's may seem harmless enough, giving big tires, apparently wide stance, four wheel drive and a cushy seat. Appearances r deceiving. these vehicles r built and marketed for speed w/ many of them atvs capable of speeds 75 miles per hour ( my modded rappy can hardly do that) they injure maim or kill more then 110,000 people every year, and the real tragedy is that children younger then 16 years old pay the heaviest price. for nearly a decade the toll on children has been climbing dramatically, while the off-road vehicles industry has aggressively marked bigger faster and more dangerous atvs"

Playboy..." the report, which calls on states to prohibit anyone under the age of 16 from driving an atv, is a classic example of the the activist phenomenon know as reefer madness: exaggerate the regulate. to make their case, the groups shade statistics or in this case soak them in blood. take the statement that atv's injure main Sir kill more then 110,000 people each year. the report lumps together lethal and nonlethal finger cuts and funerals so the numbers will have more of an impact"
" the report notes that between 1993 and 2001, the number of injures caused by atv-related accidents more then doubled, to 111,750 per year, resulting in a 6.5 billion tab for medical, legal and loose-of-work coasts. of those injured 34,00 were under the age of 16''

"what those numbers don't tell u that is in the same period, the numbers of atvs approximately tripled. so actually, the injury rate has gone down!!!. furthermore, the accident rate among kids is almost identical to that of the riders between ages 16 and 34!"

" the report includes more shocking numbers: between the years of 1982 and 2001 at least 4541 people died in atv accidents. to give the figures perspective consider that bicycles accidents send more then 500,000 people to the emergency rooms each year. sixty percent of them are kids. bikes crashes kill about 900 people a year; 200 of them are children. bikes and atvs produce similar body counts among children. but instead of banning bicycling, states passed helmet laws, which significantly reduced fatalities!"

" the groups that issued the report see's such statistics as justification for a ban. but their is a obvious lesson here about taking risks: teach ur children well, give them an atv for they're age and size, and always wear safety equipment etc...machines have prominent warning labels and age recommendations. 12 and under should ride vehicles w/ 70cc engines, those 16 and under should ride 90cc and under."

"whether ur a religious zealot or a tree huger " save the children" is a lazy and dishonest way to make ur case!!!"

WAY TO GO PLAYBOY FOR SETTING THE FACTS STRAIGHT!!!....F THOSE UP TIGHT SOCCER MOMS LOOKIN FOR SOMETHING TO B*TCH ABOUT!!!!!

Old 03-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

and they say playbloy is junk!! they dont know what heir talking about!! its not just about the CHIX[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] its also about the children WONT SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!! THE CHILDREN!!!

Old 03-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Is that in the new Playboy??? Kudo's for Playboy!!! I'm gonna upgrade my subscription to a lifetime account!!! GOOD JOB!!! And 660Disturbed...thanx for bringing that to light!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

ya its the new one..w/ Carmen electra....i saw that article and i was was like oh hell ya mof*er!!!!

i felt it needed to be shared...and now u can tell ut wife u bought it for an article!!!

Old 03-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Not to sound...well..."psycho"(LOL)....but my wife is the one who bought me the subscription for XMAS about 4 yrs ago.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She was going "under the knife" and wanted to get some ideas. I have another issue with Carmen Electra from last year.....she has such pretty eyes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

Old 03-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Very good article Disturbed!! This brings up a point about yes the children and the age they should be before getting on an ATV. The tree huggers are just waiting for a reason to Ban everything that is fun to do.

But they fail to realize that you get killed walking across a street!!!!

So I guess we can't get in our cars and drive to work for fear of running some body over, Please give me a break those people need a hobby!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

we all hate tree huggers......true story...we where coming back from a night ride and we took a side road back to camp and i was leading...some one had dug a nice ditch across the road, i hit it, nice endo....to this day i swear it was those god damn tree huggers!!! we always find odd things in the road whether its a choped down tree, or a ditch or rock....i still think its the tree hugers, or the guy who brings his family to the dunes to have nice hike on the dunes fallowed by a picnic ( god i hate that guy)

Old 03-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

Ya, i saw that article but i was distracted by the naked women. God, i guess i need to get my priorities straight.

Old 03-06-2003, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Great article!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And the pictures aren't half bad either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

I can not believe people read those articles!!!! But sounds like a good one anyways. I thought they would just take 2nd grader's essays and throw them in there with catchy titles, just because no one would read them anyways. Guess i was wrong

Quick Reply: Playboy mag sticks up for the ATVers!!!!