Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor part#s needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003 | 11:38 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Raptor part#s needed.

Cool. The guy said he thought Yamaha had thie picture wrong and thats what was ordered. Yes the #12 in the second pic is what was ordered and it does not go into the right hole and shows it as one piece.
The first picture has the 2 seprate and shows them where they go but gives no reference to what they are. You say you bought #12 and they were what you needed and thats what I needed to hear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I ordered 2 sets just incase my other rappy has this problem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks Mitch.

Sorry for the confusion. The #12 is to be referenced on the second picture only, thats the one I took from Albas website. The first picture is from the service manual in PDF format that I got from the link from Moose in another post.

The first picture shows what I need in the correct useage with no reference to what it is. Thanks again for the help Mitch and everyone.

Old 03-07-2003 | 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know where you ordered them from and part # I think that is what i need!!

Old 03-07-2003 | 10:13 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Picked up the parts today. Good thing I ordered 2 of them because only 1 boot comes in a package. I thought I was doing good ordering 2 so I'd have a set for my other raptor.

Thanks to those who responded with part#s. My dealer did order the right parts even though the microfiche does not show them at all. Your part #s are the right #'s for what I needed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As for the retaing bolt Sam, this is still a mystery part #. Mine was not broken so I didn't actualy need the bolt. Just the boots. I did not buy the bolt.

As for the installation. What a pain. Getting the boots slipped over the bolt and into the grooves, and getting the boots into the grooves of the caliper at the same time etc. You have to put the boot into the caliper grooves before sliding the boilt in or you won't get the boots in the caliper grooves. Keeping the boot from being pushed in while sliding the bolt into the caliper is the hard part so that portion of the boot will slip into the groove once the bolt is in all the way. The boot on the brake pad side is a peice of cake but the other one takes some coaxing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I finaly had to slide the one boot onto the bolt just enough to get it started the push the bolt in just enough to allow me to fit the boot into the groove of the caliper, then push the bolt through all the way while keeping the first boot from pushing in. Did any of that make sense? LOL

Old 03-07-2003 | 10:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]