Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor part#s needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:00 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Raptor part#s needed.

The online parts finders don't show this part. The only place I find it is in the service manual. My local dealer does not show this part on their microfisch. Please go to the web page I've created and look at the picture and help me figure out what part#'s these are. I'm looking for the rubber bushings that are part of bolt #14 on the rear brake caliper for a 2001 Raptor. I'm sure its the same for all years. TIA

Raptor Rear Brake Caliper

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wshrdskin,the number is 1uy-25917-51-00 and is $1.74

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Wow that was fast, you posted it before I did.
You can also buy a rebuild kit and it will have it with it.

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

ditto [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The rubber boot is 1UY-25917-51.I could not find the # for the pin when I was looking for Sam either.The Yamaha dealers fiche I looked at did'nt even show it.Sounds like yours broke too.

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

To slow again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:39 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

No, it didn't break. The rubber boot came out on my Blue Raptor. Without the boot in place the caliper is loose and sloppy and I have to pump the breaks once to get the piston to come out far enough to press the pads against the rotor. This probably what happened to Sams and eventualy all the slapping around and extra play when the brakes are applied it broke the bolt.

These part #s you guys are giving is for the rubber boots for the bolt or the bolt itself. Or also on the page I just put up what Alba shows. The part # you gave me is not part# 12 on Albas picture is it? TIA

Old 03-06-2003 | 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The # is for the rubber boot, there are 2 of them. I could not find the # for the bold /pin anywhere.I think his broke because his rotor was bent pretty good and there is a puck with some kind of glue or epoxy on it that came loose from the piston that bound things up also.

Old 03-06-2003 | 11:12 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

The dealer ordered part #12 from Albas picture for me. They were $1.77 each. I didn't have to pay until I see them and know they are the right ones. The part # sounds like the one you guys are giving me but I'm not sure of the numbers. The 1uy part is the same. I know the #12 is not what I need and there are 2 of those also. He thought maybe Yamaha had a typo so he figured that had to be what I needed. Thanks for the quick help everyone. I should know tomorrow if the part they ordfered for me is what I need and if its the same or a different part# you guys are giving me. Why is it the things that break for me always seem to be the hardest things to find?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This realy shouldn't be this difficult. LOL. Yamahas parts fiche don't even show this part. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003 | 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are two pictures in your link, the first pic #12 are pad shims and the second pic it's the boots.The second pic makes it look like the two boots are one piece and their not.If you ordered your parts using the second pic it sould be right, thats the info we had when I ordered mine and it was right.The fiche they use is a joke it does'nt even show the boots going to the right mounting hole.

Quick Reply: Raptor part#s needed.