Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior good and bad

i live in the next state up and really all we have up here is woods, some sand pits here and there but mostly woods. There isnt anyone around who can shake me on a trail, simply put, you can only go so fast. 10 is 10, 20 is 20, and 30 is still 30 no matter if your on a shee, a rapt or a warrior its all the same. I have a 00 warrior and it takes me wherever I want to go. and I can do it backwards too!

I have to admitt the intake is pittiful and the suspension could be alot better but it is still worth it to me. toss on a nice pipe and your good to go (3 simple little but somewhat costly fixes at about 800 bucks or so.)

and the parkingbrake could be better as well but no biggie there.

I dont think Ill be trading mine in for a long while.

thats just my 2 c's

Old 03-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

My mods included a White Brothers E-Series exhaust, K&N air filter, 14 tooth front sprocket, Dynojet jet kit and 4 one inch hole in airbox lid. Good Luck!!

Old 03-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Forget the warrior dude it costs almost 5000 New get a blaster it will out run any warrioir and it only cost 3199 Get a blaster 2002 or down put some good tires on it yammaha tires suck it tries to make them flip to easy put a s High performance kit on it and you got a great fast quad that goes great in the woods trust me i ve had my 01 blaster everywhere including a foot of mud of course i got a some awsome mud diggers on it well c-828 All terrain tires only way you get stuck is getting HIgh Centered
in the very back under the chain.

Old 03-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

good: everything but deep mud/snow

bad: mud and snow

to make it perfect yamaha would have to put that motor in a sporty 4x4 chassis

oh wait they did =wolverine

you can buy my warrior if you want, its an 89, but it looks pretty new

Old 03-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, he could buy a blaster, if hes a little kid...... You have to consider most people are going to grow to over 5'6 at some point in their life, then it will be like driving a tri-cycle. Besides, a blaster isnt going to beat a warrior unless its piped, and for what a pipe and silencer costs for a blaster you can get a cam and porting, then remove the end cap from the exhaust on the warrior and your back to square one.

Old 03-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

My blaster kicked a warriors A** my blaster is stock and the warror it has 2000$ in it plus you could easily pipe a blaster and alot of other stuff for the price you would pay for a warror but i have to admit warrors are pretty Cool. But lately ive been hearing why do they still sell the warrior the warrior is No good for racing i think warrors should be
Bulit differnt in the years to come to get it back as a contender. the warroir and the blaster both are very good in the woods.

Old 03-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

warriors are great the are almst as realiable as the honda 300 4x4 but not quite... like everyone says warrior need some suspenions and new tires and it is great.. but on a pipe filter jets... and you have a kick a$$ quad.. for a 350... and i got my new 03 warrio for 4500 otd with tax title regestraion.. and redsfan if u diss the warrior so much why do u have it as an icon??? have fun and u cant go wrong witht he warrior and if u want to beat 400ex's get the alba 400 kit it almost doulbes the warrior hp... gets it up to like 30-37 hp.. so have a blast if u geta warrior

Old 03-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Warriors are a good all around quad. My buddy has a 98 with a few mods. Like a Super Trapp muffler, Web Cams mild cam and K&N filter. We go trail riding, I have an 02 Raptor, and he can get around a little better than I can. But for the open runs.....he aint got s@!t on me. 4th gear and Im blowing by him. If its a good buy then go for it, you can always trade it in when you want something better.

Old 03-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: 2000IAWarrior redsfan if u diss the warrior so much why do u have it as an icon???
LOL

Old 03-22-2003, 03:28 AM
Range Rover

Most of the people who don't like the Warrior are not woods riders. From what I've seen they need high HP for the dunes. There is nothing wrong with that, but you will NOT benefit from their opinions. Take it from the guys who ride in the woods...it CAN compete. I ride with a 400ex and a kfx400. We are all vet riders with alot of experience. Nobody is left in the dust. Now that my motor is built to 30hp the wide open fields will not be a problem either. The Works shocks will help out also.

Think about this. In Glamis there are many women who ride Banshees and Raptors...that's cool. They will kick your a$$ in a drag. Stab the throttle and hold on tight. Now take them into the tight woods we are used to and wait for them to catch up at the end of the trail. (may not always be the case!) It is a totally different story and the high hp is not much of a factor anymore. Like stated before...you can only go so fast.

My point is not to diss anyone but to show how a Warrior can compete in it's own element. Don't let people talk down to you for wanting a Warrior over the "high tech" quads out there. They are simple to work on and 30hp is easily obtainable if you feel you need it.

Again, don't flame me for the example that I stated above...I am only trying to give a "for instance" situation. I would LOVE to have a quad riding woman...even if SHE had to wait up for ME![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Warrior good and bad