Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Silver Lake Dunes - April 12th.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Lake Dunes - April 12th.

Hey Chad, so you liked my broken down bike. I was a little up set. Drove 4 hours and rode 5 minutes and the compression went out. I don't remember seeing you. Did you have fun? Crazy people were all over. Even in the parking lot. Did you see the jeep they towed out?

Old 04-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks about the quad, it sure looked nice though. but yeah i seen that jeep. got a little bit of it on tape already flipped over. didnt actually see it flip though. oh, and you guys seen me, i had a green hat, orange fox jersey, and a camera in my hand, lol. i was the one tapin yours, gregs, and RR1's quad at your parking space.

Old 04-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well im glad that silver lake was a good time for those of you who went. I headed up to bull gap this saturday, and I wasnt happy. The hill was full of 3ft whoops all the way up the hill, and the sand was still pretty wet, so my paddles didnt help much. I think that was my last trip to Mio, ever. It was kind of fun, there were 30-60 people there thoughout the afternoon. But about half of them were kids blaring metallica music and running around getting in the way.

All in all it was an ok time, but with the hill as bad as it was, and the trails full of mud and water, I dont think ill be going back for a while.

Old 04-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Chad you should of said Hey I'm Chad. I were just all standing around talking. I didn't know that was you. Never even got to break that first hill. I was really bumbed. I am going to try and get the thing running so we can try this again next month.

Old 04-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, i guess i shoulda said somethin, oh well. didnt really wanta bother you all, but yeah. that sucks the polaris died. how far did you even get?

Old 04-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

I got inside the gate past the first dune at the entrance and then it died. So I might have rode a mile if that. Oh well, next time I am bringing a spare.

Old 04-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

next time ill have my YZ

Old 04-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Greg, did you see my young butt standin there, takin vid of yours and RR1's quad?

Old 04-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Here is the scoop. I spent the last few hours at the dealer tearing down our 400 only to find exactly what we all suspected.......a hole in the piston.

BUT.....come to find out, they had put a "BPR" plug in it instead of a "BR". The "P" stands for PROTRUDING. The bottom line is the plug was too long putting it too close to the piston........ = HOLE IN PISTON. I am still going to go up a jet size or two. I am also going to be going .020 over on the new piston because right now there is .012" clearance between a stock bore Wiesco piston and my cylinder after he honed it out today. So, he admitted that it was his mistake and is going to make it right.

I helped him tear it down so I could learn more about how the 2-strokes go together. Oh well, accidents happen, it will be better and faster after everything is put back together again now so all is well.

It did appear that the oil injection was working fine, so I am going to see how things go durring the remaining 5 months of my 6 month warrantee and decide then weather or not to lose the oin injection system.

Old 04-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry iamchad2k5 ........... I didn't notice your butt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].......... But I'm sure your "Toit Like a Tiger". ha ha........(From the last Austin Powers movie).

But yes I did see you. You looked right at me, you should have said something Dude.

Next trip will be better.

Quick Reply: Silver Lake Dunes - April 12th.