Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

fmf-q muffler and power bomb header TESTED AT (92)db

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fmf-q muffler and power bomb header TESTED AT (92)db

well i finally got to have my fmf system on my 686 raptor tested today by the forest service and it came in at 92 decibels and that surprised both them and me.the guy that tested it couldnt believe that i also had a high compression piston and modified air box and filter and still came in under the 93 db limit that we have to meet on the oregon dunes .if any one wants to be truly legal and still have good power gains i would consider the fmf-q muffler and power bomb header in combination because they work very well together.i would like to also add that i know i could probably gain a few more horsepower by going with something less restrictive but it is important to follow the sound rules that are set to help keep our riding areas open.i met one of our forum members(sandman 430) on the dunes today at our comp hill and let him ride my 686 and i think he would agree that it has more than enough power for general duning and the occasional drag race with the fmf system.

Old 03-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well i have to say that duneittilludie's pipe is as quite as most stock pipes. it was amazing how quite it is, well i'm tring to figure out how to get mine more on the quite side. well now for the power on his raptor, amazing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the sand was soaking wet as were we. so after the shower let up we tried each other quads, well when he said he can't get a good start, no kidding there, so fast starts are out of the question. but as for a fun ride that is fast, it was a real kick. the honda they have is a nice ride also. well if your looking for a nice raptor set up you might want to check with duneittilludie. hey me an alex enjoyed meeting you and your wife hope to ride with you more next time.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

SANDMAN430- i am glad you got a chance to ride our machines ,i am very happy with the performance of both of them and if i decide to go with an extended swingarm on the raptor i think it will keep up with just about any four stroke out there with a few exceptions.i think once you get the mods on your ds dialed in it will be hard to beat judging by your run against that banshee yesterday.we will look for you next time we head out to florence.