Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor or banshee top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor or banshee top speed?

Hoss, What did you do tip that thing over and bump your head? Or if the drugs are that good you need to share!!!!!! The 2 strokes are and will always be King. Thumpers can run, But at the "Back of the Pack".

Old 03-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey now crackhead, i was pulling for the 2 strokes, you dont have to go chewing apart my quad. and a used raptor is never at 9 grand, unless all of that engine and suspension work is all done. If you are going to cut down 4 strokes, please do it evenly, dont forget the ds and others.

and by the way, what makes the ex so much better than the z/kfx twins? i mean, same frame, same size, just different, faster engines. How is the ex better again???

Old 03-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

ok, ok, ok. all of you are making me laugh my *** off. crackhead is right. new 4-strokes cost about 6k brand new. you can get a old used shee for 2k. and it will whip the crap out of a 4-stroke any day. lets say you take the most suped up shee, and raptor. lets say....770 powroll, vs. 535 cheetah. do i have to say more?

Old 03-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

All yall guys waisting yalls money on the 4 strokes like the craptor and ds are dumb.. Let me tell yall i just bought a 96 banshee for $2,800 and it has v-force reeds, fmf pipes/silencers,ct ported and polished cylinder,and k&n filter.. It is so fast its not even funny and all for less than $3,000.. And i have already tore up a ds big time on ground not yet sand.... So the Banshee is fast and cheap if you look hard..
Thank you,
96 Southpaw

Old 03-29-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

The raptor trany problems are in the 01, cheaper to fix the banshee up???? May be true, but everyone knows the shee needs a motor rebuild every 2 years or less. Also, not that it has to do with speed, but ask our snowsled brothers what has happened with their 2-strokes---gone in national parks soon. How long till the same is true in BLM country? Especially BLM country in Calif. Is the shee the king of the sand? Yes. However the end is near with the big 4 strokes (Raptor, Predator, and the big Kaw 700)

Old 03-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

The EX is the most reliable 4 stroke there is, has a BUNCH of mod parts, costs less than the z/kfx, handles alot better than the z, and looks nicer. Raptors dont suck (well they do when compared to 250R's) but other than that theyre ok i have no beef with them. But what i said is true, ur gonna spend about 10-12K least to get up to the speed of a 3-5k two stroke.

Old 03-29-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

I won't argue that. However the costs are due to the how new the raptor is. The shee has been around for ever so the costs on mods are down. The 400ex is a nice machine, however I bet that there will be a larger new quad from Honda to competer with the bigger 4 strokes(kaw, predator, raptor) Give the raptor a few years and the cost of speed will be lower. however by then the raptor will be to small and Yamaha will have a bigger machine.

Old 03-29-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

yea hopefully motors will get bigger soon, especially honda. One thing i dont understand though is how ppl can compare a 400 to a 660 or 650 or even 700, thats like comparing a blaster to a cannible, its just not right, but when (if ever) honda comes out with a bigger qaud its gonna kick some ( Y )

Old 03-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

I agree. I liked the honda, but a 6'6 250 I needed all the power I could find. Honda seems to be following Yamaha in that they found something good (banshee) and they seem to have quit. Everything I read says nothing about honda modernizing, to bad! The raptors and especially the predator (sweet machine) are burying what is a good machine.

Old 03-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Well while SOME raptors and SOME predators are burying SOME 400's the old but amazing 250R is tearin all the newer, higher technology, bigger displacement bikes up. By the way y is the 250r so fast? Its a 2 stroke but so is the blaster and even with all kinds of mods its still slow. What makes the R so different? Is it the water cooling?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: raptor or banshee top speed?